7.14.2005

I Hail from Raratonga

7.14.05
3:40PM
Wet dogs, my friends, wet dogs.
Today I had a rather bon Bastille luncheon with Trevor, Dorothy and Trevor’s big breasted girlfriend, Yvonne. Big breasted indeed, but also very nice. Dorothy and I recounted how we met (at that poop fetish thing…) and I ate a lackluster Caesar salad.
I hope Burton redeems himself with this movie. Planet of the Apes ruined a lot of my faith in him as a good filmmaker. I have a slight problem with directors remaking movie today, but Planet of the Apes? I mean, was there really that much of a demand for that movie to me remade? Whatever the case, I’ve heard a lot about Depp basing his character on Marilyn Manson for the movie and I hope I am creped out tonight. I want to fear for these kids. I want to feel the same way as I did watching the pedophile father in Happiness offer to help his 12-year old son measure his penis and teach him how to masturbate. I want to detest Depp in this role. I want to leave the theater feeling dirty.
I’ve had the bass line and synth line from “Only” in my head all day.
I’ve made several CDs for Gia and I can’t wait for her to hear them. I enjoy giving people new music to listen to. It makes me feel good. After talking to Dorothy today, I think I will give her some music too. She did mention, however that she doesn’t really get into anything whereas I get into fourteen things with my teeth and pretty much ignore everything else. I don’t want to give someone music that they won’t listen to or don’t give a shit about. A while back I gave Allyson a copy of E’s second solo album (knowing that she was a big eels fan and had his first solo album) and, to this day, over four year later, she has not listened to it. Why Allyson? WHY?! AHHHHHHHHH!! So anyway, you understand my concern. I would hate to be “that guy” that makes mix tapes or burns albums etc. for everyone and finds out that no one gives a shit or whatever. I remember one time (when Allyson had only had the CD for 4 months or so) I asked her why she hadn’t listened to it yet. “I just don’t have time.” Hm. The CD was about 40 minutes or so. I know Allyson was busy and all (although the busiest person in college I ever knew was Will and he found time to run around the quad naked, have “Kiss” playing for about 24 hours straight, piss up a statue, have troublesome pillow talk, help entertain Jade for several days, take a trip to a champagne party at Amherst and drive several women off this continent AND still become the youngest and hairiest man to ever turn down a job at NASA), but, yeah, 40 minutes. I don’t suppose you’ll have more free time going to grad school for psychology than you did at Fordham, Allyson, but if you get the chance, check out the CD, it’s pretty good. I think you’ll like it.

No comments: