10.13.2005

10.12.05
7:02 PM
Umbrellas litter the streets like the corpses of strange robotic birds. Going outside wearing nothing but a hat to keep the rain off my head lends an odd sense of invulnerability. It isn’t very cold outside, just wet. This kind of weather can wear on your bones and earlier I felt pain in the joints of the thumb and index fingers of my right hand, but to go out for just a few moments is interesting. Like you are above feeling cold and wet. Like you’re on some other plane. Close to, but not quite part of this one.
I think the aching in my joints is a bad sign.

10:27 PM
Three people died in here today. One of them was a man who I have never met, but whose name I have been hearing for as long as I have been here. I know it doesn’t matter fuck all to any of these gibbering idiot-ass security guards and I’m not sure if or how it matters to me, but I just think it’s worth mentioning. I don’t know why, I just think it is.

No comments: