8.15.2005

FROM THE SEA!!

8.15.05
3:13 PM
Good lord.
Went to the seaside with family and friends this weekend. Early Saturday morning, Lauren and Ray picked up Chris and myself and we all skittered off to Ocean City, NJ, a very dear place to me from my childhood. A boardwalk rife with funnel cake, fried Oreos, mini golf, fat people, arcades and one sweet ass amusement park called Wonderland Pier, which can be seen in the early They Might Be Giants video “Purple Toupee”. I spent numerous summers there throughout my childhood.
I was only there for about 40 hours, but every hour (except for those while I was sleeping) was filled with funny fun fun. At the moment, I am running on 4 hours of sleep and I have no interest in typing out all the fun stuff that happened. I played an awesome video game that I had never heard of, I spun around in so many circles as to kill a lesser man, I ate fudge and some sticky buns made by God Herself, I kicked some ass in mini golf, I drank three Icee’s (blue), I made a 6’8 asshole of myself at a blackjack table, I gave the lead singer of a pretty decent cover band Will’s number, but assured him I was NOT gay, I won, lost, won, lost and then lost again at slots, roulette and blackjack, and then I drank a $2.25 cup of coffee…and complained about it.
Long story short, next year 8 or so lucky tinkle pins are going to join us cool, sexy froods in June at our very own beach house in Ocean City, NJ for something like $150 a week. These houses are prime sex spaces people.
It was mad dope to hang with Lauren and Ray all weekend. Sort of like the Philly trip we took but better. Ray and I got this crazy wavelength thing going on and any time I get to spend with Lauren is great. Her and I are celebrating our six-year anniversary in September; hopefully we’ll eat some red pears in a mall near Fordham, but probably not. You know, Lauren is the one responsible for my wearing black socks? Of course you didn’t. Why the fuck would you know that? Jesus. You people can’t even find five minutes to comment on the CD Philip and I painstakingly orchestrated for you; how am I to expect you to know something like that? Pigs. Go to Bite the Music and comment on the goddamn thing, you collection of Penny Dreadfuls you.

No comments: