2.20.2019

I'm Doing Stuff Too... (Tag, Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald)

Christina has gone to Europe for like a month.
Fine. Whatever.
I can do things too.

SUCH AS.

I have this little flash drive on which I put movies. I'll hear about a movie and years later, pick it up. I'll see mention of Jon Hamm's dick and get another.
I'll have a hankering for something specific and go get it.

While she's gone, I'm going to work my way through these.

Some I have seen, some I have not, some are classics, some are trash.

SOME ARE SOMEHOW ALL FOUR.

I started things off with Tag.

I like all the actors in it so how bad could it be? "Not bad at all" is how bad.

It was a fun little romp and gave Jeremy Renner something to do while not filming Infinity War. There was a weird thing at the end with the whole cast singing "Mmmm Mmmm Mmmm Mmmm" by Crash Test Dummies. I'm sure that has some meaning.
I am not sure what it is and I do not care enough to dig deeper.
I also learned that Isla Fisher is fantastic. "Quite the firecracker" as some septuagenarian might remark.
Ed Helms is a national treasure.

Next was the second Fantastic Beasts movie. First off, I don't care if there's no chemistry between Newt and Tina; they're portraying the man with Asperger's and they're doing it well and I think that's great to see. I also think Johnny Depp is playing Johnny Depp with paler skin than usual and I don't think his performance ameliorates the charges of abuse leveled at him by Amber Heard. I don't see how one has anything to do with the other but there you go.

While it's fun to get back into the whole Potterverse, I'm really glad I outgrew these books/movies. I feel doubly so after learning this isn't to be a trilogy but, apparently, a quintology.

Yikes.

More to come.
If I feel like it.


No comments: