2.24.2019

I'm Doing Stuff Too... (Collateral, I, Tonya)

Heard about Collateral because Tom Cruise played a bad guy in it. He smiled less than usual and talked more quietly. Good stuff. Otherwise, this was one of those dozens of perfectly serviceable, sometimes stylish, almost instantly forgettable action/thrillers that come out every year. Last year it was The Commuter. Mark Ruffalo was a nice surprise, specifically his facial hair choices.

Not a clue how or when I heard about I, Tonya. Probably when Allison Janney got the nom/award for Best Supporting, which she earned completely. An evil Janney is something to behold... Can say the "incident" really affected my life one way or another when it happened, but, hey, Margot Robbie. They did such a fantastic job at making her look less like the angel she is. And, because I am a nerd...this was a movie starring Harley Quinn married to the Winter Soldier.

These "reviews" are so good and helpful, you guys.

No comments: