5.02.2013

And Then I Was Santa

Santa.
Not Satan.

Something awful happened on Tuesday and has been sitting on my mind since then.
I'll skip the details because I honestly can't think of a way to make what happened not sound like it's about me and I don't want to do that.

Anyway, I was having a really dark week and then I remembered that I was booked to record a session for Speakaboos today.
I was concerned that I wouldn't be able to deliver, that I wasn't in a "Speakaboos place", if you know what I mean.
I arrived and was told that, today, along with a narrator and a dad, that I would also be playing Santa Claus.
The script was just dripping in heartfelt Christmas cheer, the kind of stuff that would just sound wrong if it weren't delivered with real feeling, and, in the end, I walked out of there feeling like a new person.

I also learned that the big Speakaboos unveiling should be happening in a few weeks if everything goes as planned; along with some future projects they're hoping to undertake...all of which were very, very exciting and, hopefully, will include me in some fashion.
I have never had more fun doing voice over than with Speakaboos and I'd love to see this crazy train keep on rolling.

On top of all that, Target wants me back in in a week or so to do some more Everyday Collection radio spots.
Hopefully, I will get to talk sexy about bacon again.


No comments: