10.20.2011

A Question For Tim Burton

10.20.11

10:42 pm
This first part is kind of just for Tim Burton, so if you aren't Tim Burton (the director Tim Burton, not the milkman from Kelsey Park, Kansas), you can skip to the next section.

If you want.
No one is forcing you to read this.
Tim, last night I watched your film, Batman Returns.

I enjoyed it very much, and, aside from the presence of Prince, it is better in every way than your first Batman movie, Batman.
I have a question for you: why on earth did you not make a third, fourth and fifth Batman movie?
You had already set up Billy Dee Williams as Harvey Dent (the reason Lando took the role in the first place, I might add) and you're awesome, so...que the fuck?
Get back to me, man.
So...to everyone who is not Tim Burton...Batman: Arkham City is definitely a game.

One that you play with a controller.
Batman is in it.
I suppose there's more I could say; about the Batman game, about life in general, but, well, what would be the point?

I mean, you shouldn't be living vicariously!
Life is for the living!
Death for the dead!
If you're alive, live!!!!
Also, I just read the King eBook Mile 81.

Pretty awesome.
For once, there are kids in it without super mind powers.
Three of them, all just kids.
Plus, a reference to Christine, which is delicious.

Yes, it might be a bit self-indulgent (eh, Phil?) and yes, this story is pretty much about a car that eats people, but, god damn it, the guy does it well.
So he's allowed.
Although, I will say I'm astounded at the volume of work he's putting out for a guy who's retired twice.
I hope my retirement is less busy than his.

Anyway.
Fish.

No comments: