8.11.2010

NOW We Know


8.11.10
4:02 pm
I am loving my new set up.
So, you know how I just left my mattress on the living room floor Saturday night?
Well, it's still there and I'm digging the hell out my new set up..
It's cooler in the living room, the floor is better for my back and I can eat, watch stuff, play stuff and sleep ALL IN THE SAME PLACE!!!
I am now a squatter in my own home.
Also I may be becoming agoraphobic.
Or veal.
Anyway.
One of the things I was watching was a British sketch comedy show called That Mitchell and Webb Look. It stars the two guys who write and star in Peep Show, David Mitchell and Robert Webb.
It's unlike a lot of sketch shows I've seen because the sketches are, for the most part, short, so you get a lot more out of an episode.
I believe my favorite sketch is The Surprising Adventures of Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
In a nutshell, it's Robert Webb with one of those camera rigs from "Requiem for a Dream" that keeps the wearer dead center while everything around him is spinning and whirling about.
He plays this insane hobo type guy.
There's no way my description does it justice.
You should just check it out.
I watched the whole first season in one sitting Monday night, then I downloaded the second and third (they are airing the fourth now). While I was looking for it, I found something called That Mitchell and Webb Sound (as well as a book called, yes, This Mitchell and Webb Book), which is a radio show adaptation of the TV show with about 90% new stuff and 10% of stuff from the show, just redone.
That is another thing I love about the BBC.
If something is good, it goes multimedia.
Books and radio as well as television.
These people still have an interest and respect for radio that the U.S. is sorely lacking.
Radio in the U.S sucks donkey cock.
But Little Britain, Mighty Boosh, TMAWL and other Brit-Coms all have radio shows based on their TV shows.
I love that.
Fucking Yanks.
I really do think I should just move to the UK and become Mr. Radio.
But I'm uncomfortable around Stonehenge.
And Crouch End.
Here is a taste of That Mitchell and Webb Look: Now We Know
Finally, last night I came home to find the PlayStation Store had updated (as it does every Tuesday) with something called "Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World: The Game".
On the occasion of the Watchmen movie and the Kick-Ass movie, they also released downloadable games based on each.
Watchmen was fun for a bit, then got reeeally repetitive and Kick-Ass was just a piece of shit.
So my hopes we low for Scott Pilgrim, which made me sad because the books had a lot of character and the movie had character gushing from every orifice, and making a smaller video game out of that would be a perfect fit.
They had a demo up so I check it out and it blew my fucking mind.
It is the PERFECT adaptation for the books and movie.
Perfect.
It's a fully 8-bit, side-scrolling brawler with several elements of a class RPG (HP, XP, stats etc.).
It has characters, in-jokes and locations from the books.
It's honestly like an 1080p Nintendo game.
Ridiculous fun.
All for $10.
I have NEVER been this excited about a video game based on a movie based on a comic.
Planning on buying that this evening.
And playing it while sitting on my bed.
Anything else?
Waiting for Will's Birthday present to arrive.
Sure hope he likes dead panda bears.
Also waiting for Phil and Grace to buy their tickets to New Mexico.
Gotta send that book back...hm...
Having lunch with B.J. the Bruce this weekend.
Probably going to the Afterparty.
Need condoms.
Done.

No comments: