8.14.2010

A Quick Aside

My friend Will asked me if I had heard anything good about the Amanda Palmer covering Radiohead with nothing but a ukulele album.
Personally, I have problems with her.
I've met her a few times and, even before she "blew up" by opening for NIN, she came off as a superungrateful bitch.
Yes, that has colored the following response, but not by much.
I also hate the fact that she is now associated with Neil Gaiman.
I hope her hands fall off.
Anyway, here's the aforementioned response:

"WILL.
I have just downloaded that Amanda Palmer thing you asked about out of a sense of vague, morbid curiosity.
I listened to about ten seconds of one song and have this to report:
It is garbage.
It's unlistenable caterwauling.
It's isn't worth $ .84 which shouldn't be a problem because I don't have a clue why anyone would want to hear it.
It will make you want to contact Thom Yorke and have him sue her.
She is awful.
And her voice, unaccompanied by anything but a uke?
I'd rather hear all my thoughts spoken by a combination of L'il Marky and HST at his trilliest.
Avoid like International Diarrhea.
And FYI, I illegally downloaded it.
That's right, I wouldn't waste the price of half a cup of coffee at Starbucks on this trash.
Amanda, you are a howling toad hog."

No comments: