8.31.2010

Bonch? Boonch? What?


8.31.10
3:45 pm
Fuck you, August.
I'll see you hell, you cockwhore.
Anyway.
I had forgotten about Ok Go until a day or so ago and I looked to see if they'd put anything out since their second album "Oh No".
Turns out they have!!!
It's called "Of The Blue Colour Of The Sky" and it's really a departure from what they've done thus far.
Some very interesting stuff and some stuff that is a little too interesting to be good, dig?
Like, maybe a bit too experimental for the guys that wrote "Get Over It", which might be the poppiest song evarLOL!!!11!.
Everything was distorted at one time or another: vocals, drums, guitars, bass, sometimes everything all at once which was just too much.
The only song I totally dug was called 'White Knuckles", but I'll give it another listen or two.
Probably.
Also happened to swing by the Social Network web site (http://www.500millionfriends.com/) to hear the first results from the Reznor/Ross collaboration. Some NIN fans/hackers discovered it's called "Hand Covers Bruise (no piano)" (leading one to believe there's a version out there...with piano). Feels a bit like Ghosts meets the Quake soundtrack. It's very dark and moody. Thing is, I'm concerned about how the hell they're going to make this music work with the film without making it seem overwrought.
We are just talking about Facebook here and "Hand Covers Bruise" seems a bit...I don't know...much?*
Whatever the case, I'll be there, Day One.
Another thing I'ma try to be Day One for is this new zombie game.
It's called Dead Rising 2.
Think one guy, trapped in a Las Vegas (although they're called it Fortune City) overrun by zombies. Anything you can put your hands on it a weapon.
Apparently there's a sense of humor to the game, but I'm not there for that.
I'm there for the fact that you're surrounded by literally thousands of zombies at once.
In fact, the PS3 version will be able to pack 7,000 individual zombies on the screen at once.
7000! That's almost 10,000!!
So yeah.
My sweetest dream is of a game the size of GTA IV with the graphics of Heavy Rain and the car/driving ability of Burnout Paradise in Manhattan during the Zombie Apocalypse.
You find lots of cars, obviously, but hardly any with gas in them. You find little bits of gas here and there and stockpile it so, when you find a car, you can fill it up and try it out, but only until you ran out of gas in a minute or so or made a wrong turn and found a street clogged with abandoned cars.
I think an MMO might be best, but that's far too much work for someone to do.
I'd need a team of hundreds.
Anyone have a team of hundreds?
Call me...
I want your hundreds.
Had an audition earlier today where they wanted a brain that sounded like Denis Leary.
I gave them what they wanted, but probably to no avail.
Bastards.
I have something tomorrow for a TV VO about...I don't know, some goddamn thing where they want me to be conversational, smart, confident, not announcery, friendly.
Yak.
Yak shit on yak balls.
Out.
*Unless there's a moment in the movie when someone's hand is covering a bruise and they play it then.

No comments: