7.14.2010

Ayuh.


7.14.10
4:33 pm
This entry has nothing to do with Maine.
About a week ago, I finished playing Red Dead Redemption.
Great game, great ending, never really seen anything like it in a game quite frankly.
Anyway, it took me about three weeks or so to finish.
It was an open world game with a lot of little things here and there for you to do aside from the main "story" missions.
After I finished it, I decided I wanted something a bit less...complicated.
So I put in God of War 3.
I finished it in two sessions over last weekend.
Bam.
In and out.
I am the walrus.
Just as great, less involving, but a LOT more action oriented.
And ridiculously violent, like laughably so.
As I twittered, I stole Hades' soul.
Hades, by the by, was voiced by Clancy Brown who played the Bad Guard in Shawshank Redemption AND voices Lex Luthor in all the recent Justice League/Superman cartoons.
He's awesome.
And I ate his soul.
Over the course of the game, aside from taking Hades' soul, you gouge out Poseidon's eyes, severe Hermes' feet (for his winged sandals, of course), tear off Helios' head (to use as a flashlight), fuck Aphrodite and kill Zeus.
Like I said, ridiculous.
But fun.
Almost done with my second (and most likely, penultimate) playthrough.
Next up?
Maybe Bioshock?
I've had that on my back log for a while and it should switch the pace nicely from GOW 3.
Planning on seeing Inception this weekend.
Also going to dinner with Phil's Other Brother, Stu, some goddamn hookah bar (why can't they be quieter?), Sacred Chao, Prospect Park (if it isn't balls out this weekend...and not "balls out" as in "Tall Paul, balls out!" but like "it's hot and sticky and nasty and suicidal out").
Should be mas fun.
At the moment, I'm listening to two of the more annoying clods at my work bragging and trying to top each other about how functional the alcoholics in their families are.
"Well, MAH Unca, he a hot mess, he be like, 'I know I gots a problem, but it's duh alcohol dat keep me TUGEHAH!!!!!!'"
"Yeah, well mah DADDY, he be a hot mess, be driving ALLL the time when HE drunk, he alway gots like two bottles of Abasolut ready to GO!!!!!!!!!!!"
"Well, MAH daddy, who be bein' like a HOT mess, alway git like fo' botows all over the place! He was a manager at ConEd for like 45 years! Always drunk on the job!!!!!!!!"
Jesus fucking Christ.
It's disgusting.
The pride in their voices, like they're talking about children doing well in school.
And meanwhile, speaking of their children, just yesterday one of them was on the phone with one of their daughters.
An excerpt: "He be givin' you infections, why you be givin' him money?"
Cue "Dear Mama" by 2Pac
I swear to everything I hold dear that is ver-fucking-batim.
"He be givin' you infections, so why you be givin' him money?"
Is there ANY other way to interpret this?
Any?!
Please, help me, I think I might be losing my cool...
Watched Date Night with Chris over the weekend.
It was funny, but not nearly as funny as it should have been, considering the cast.
One thing I'll say, the file I downloaded (from either IsoHunt or Demonoid) looked AMAZING.
Better than DVD quality.
Not sure how that happened, but, damn, thank you pirates.
Loot on.
Heard Patti LuPone singing at my audition today.
She appeared to be auditioning for Wicked or something.
Don't be impressed.
I was told is was her by someone else.
I'll probably be misremembering her name as Patti Labelle in a week or so.
Not that I actually know who that is either.
She had some hits on the radio in the 80's, right?
Finger.
On the pulse.
Almost time for the Lunching.
I shall enjoy this food as if it were my own.
He be givin' you infections...Jesus fucking Christ...

No comments: