7.22.2010

So. Much. Nothing.


7.22.10
7:02 pm
The last three days, I have been on vacation.
Nowhere impressive, just my newly ceiling fanned living room, mostly.
Long story short, I had three days of vacation I had to take before the end of this week and, rather than realize it BEFORE we booked the Maine trip, I realized it afterward and ended up taking these three days off.
During these three days, I did so little...oh...lord...so little.
I just might be the least busy person I know.
And I'm ambivalent about that.
The correct definition of ambivalent, not the fake one people are raping into the vernacular.
Anyway.
On Sunday, I saw 'Inception' with Colin, Joyce, Chris and Kaitlyn.
As I said before: I no longer need to watch movies.
Just see it.
Take a night and just see it.
Shut the fuck up and see it.
Go.
See it.
It LAUGHS at 'The Matrix'.
It...just go see it.
After Sunday, I was so affected by Leonardo DiCaprio, that I decided to watch 'Shutter Island' and, because of that, 'The Departed'.
'Shutter Island' was very good, especially in the atmosphere department.
I recall Scorsese saying he wanted to do a horror movie, and he did.
During the movie, I thought it might have been a remake, but, apparently, it was more of an homage.
Ben Kingsley, baby.
And Michelle Williams officially reminds me of Michelle Mumford.
Which is cool, because she's great.
They both are.
And because of DiCaprio's Boston accent, I then rewatched 'The Departed'.
So simple, so excellent.
Matt Damon...you...you guys...
Good stuff.
Solid, manly, crime movie.
I like it better than the typical DeNiro Scorsese film.
Aside from my Scorsese Romp, Chris and I watched 'The Book of Eli', a movie I heard about first when some guy on a podcast I listen to said that his friend, who used to be in video games journalism had written and sold the script for it and second, when I found out that Atticus Ross (of 12 Rounds and Nine Inch Nails) had done the score.
Pretty good movie.
Gary Oldman does an amazing job, as usual and Denzel Washington is a super badass.
Speaking of Atticus Ross scoring movies, I found out a week or so ago that he and Trent Reznor are going to be scoring the new David Fincher movie, 'The Social Network'.
Now...about a year or so ago, when I heard they were making a Facebook movie, I as ready to just explode Hollywood, confident that they had actual run out of ideas AND movies to remake, and were just cannibalizing the most popular thing in the world at the time and making a movie about it.
But.
David FIncher is directing.
As in 'Se7en', 'Fight Club', 'Aliens 3' David FIncher.
So, I'm cool.
And now that Reznor (who was GOING to score the Fincher directed movie 'Survivor', based on the Chuck Palahniuk novel, before the whole 9/11 thing made people in airplanes verboten in movies for the next two years and the project got cancelled) is finally getting to score a Fincher flick?
Well, heck, I'm excited.
Thing is...Atticus Ross and Trent Reznor have collaborated before on the NIN release "Ghosts I-IV" (plus other NIN things) and the more recent How To Destroy Angels EP and NONE of ANY of EITHER of those seems like it would fit into a straightforward movie like Social Network.
So I'll be interested to see if Reznor just does his usual thing (I'm Nine Inch Nails as FUCK, fuck your stupid movie!!), something completely unlike him (let's get bluegrass!!!) or some blend of the two, which would be nice.
Regrettably, I also watched 'Cop Out', the first movie directed but not written by Kevin Smith (except for the scenes that were so clearly improv that you could just smell it).
It was a whole lot of awful.
There was no actual plot.
And Tracy Morgan comes off as so one sided as to be not funny.
As far as Kevin Smith goes, there seemed to be no directing at all.
Luckily, he did NOT write the script, so at least we can excuse him from that.
I then had a hankering for 'The 40 Year Old Virgin', which is two hours and twelve minutes, but worth it.
That Judd Apatow...he's got some money.
And the cast...so rock solid...just boners everywhere.
And boobies.
Don't forget the boobies.
CAN'T forget the boobies.
Lastly, I have started playing Bioshock.
There goes another month of my life.
Oh, but I did manage to get outside.
I went to lunch with Danielle on Tuesday.
So very, very awkward.
Just found out today that there are no more rooftop escapades allowed.
Fucking Government.
Actually, it's not the Government's fault, it's the fault of whatever stupid ass paraquat went up to the roof at 3am on July 5th and set off some heavy duty fireworks and then didn't clean up after themselves.
Thanks for shitting on all the apples.
So the Engagement Party is going to be a total wash.
This relationship is over.
Or maybe we'll just chop shit in the kitchen.
Whichever.
Did I mention the ceiling fan?
It's truly excellent.
Oh, and they put up the first video from the new eels album.
It's just awful.
But it does feature roof top access, so at least it has that going for it.
Not much else though.
Anyway.
So, yeah, that's three days of my life.
Just sad, really.
But I got to hang out with Chris so that's worth it.

No comments: