7.07.2010

Crunchings And Munchings


7.7.10
4:34 pm
Some bits.
Yes, some bits and pieces.
First, apologies for any incoherence you might experience, sleep has not been coming easily with this weather.
I yearn for Canada.
I yearn for icy death.
All right, let's go.
As expected, eels has put up a second track from their new album; soon a video will follow, and then, the opportunity to pre-order the album which will come with an mp3 download of said second track.
Plus, pink shirts reading "tomorrow morning" on them
Then the album and then a second video and maybe a third.
None of the songs will feel distinctly "single-y", but they will, nonetheless, be released as such.
Ah, the arbitrary nature of E.
The first track, "Looking Up", was a straight-up gospel track with cheesy lyrics and evangelical hooting provided by E and the aforementioned choir.
I was unimpressed.
The latest track, "Spectacular Girl", which appeared on the web site today, is EXACTLY what I've been waiting for.
It has all the elements of a perfect eels song: sampled drum beats, Rhodes piano (or maybe electric piano?), some string work and the celesta. Eels and the celesta go together like something or other.
Don't believe me?
Check out "Trouble With Dreams" on their my space page.
It's Celesta City up in that sock hop.
Anyway, while the lyrics aren't as earth-shatteringly good as his other stuff, they're solid.
Still looking forward to this album.
And speaking of albums...guess who finally took a few minutes from their busy schedule of berating their fans for destroying the earth to finish their fucking album, you know, the first album they've done in over six years?
That's right, Cake.
In this case, the cake is not a lie.
Unless they are lying.
They sent out a message about looking for a means of distribution since they are on their own label now.
Hey, Cake, you ever heard of Radiohead and how they handled releasing "In Rainbows"?
Do that.
You fucking eco-whiners.
I swear, for every song on this album that isn't great, an Instant Cake Classic, worth the wait, I'm burning down one of those tress you're always giving out (along with a heapin' helpin' of snark, guilt and apocalyptic doomspeak) at your shows.
You've been warned.
But, seriously, kudos for finishing the album, I'll sure it'll be good.
You fucking jaded hippy fucks.
I think this weather might just be making me a little irascible.
Since I'm already rambling about albums, TMBG has announced that their new (adult) one is dropping in 2011.
Kind of surprised at that. Again, hopes are high since Flans has said this is going to be a return to their "insane, home recording sound".
Whatever.
Just take a break from the kids stuff.
No more of that for a bit, please.
Unless it's "No!" good.
Not a pun.
I mean TMBG shouldn't do any more kids' stuff unless it's as good or better than "No!".
The party on Sunday was a massive success, even without fireworks.
Malibu does very little to me, even in large amounts.
A bit concerned about the big one later this month.
We're expecting almost 80 people.
That's about 20 people per room.
Including the bathroom.
Rock.
We gonna do the Stomp.
And kill the chicken.
And chop the hell out of fruit.
Maybe not the chicken thing.
Maybe.
Maybe not.
Hm.
There's someone in the hallway just yelling "Puerto Rico!".
I should do that more often.
"Connecticut!!!!"
Yeah, that's going well.
All this week I'm working straight through 3pm to 11pm, so I plan to read a lot of comics.
Just a heads up.
Also, I plan on seeing Inception, possible when Phil comes up with Lady Grace.
Chris Nolan...that man can do things.
To my miiind.
Freak things.
Speaking of Grace, I haven't quoted William Hickey from Christmas Vacation at her yet.
"The bleeeeee-sssssing!"
Time enough for that, my friend, time enough for that.
Remember when Benicio Del Toro was trying to get Christina Ricci to kiss him in Fear & Loathing?
That was hilarious and creepy as allll get on out.
BRANDED!!!
How come something rambling like this is sometimes considered Stream of Consciousness and sometimes a blog?
Phil?
You got some literary science you can drop on me?
I have to read your new short....
Maybe I'll do that tomorrow.
Okay.
Focus up!
...
Hm, I really have nothing to 'focus up' on.
Nuts.
All right.
Never mind then.

No comments: