6.29.2010

Magnum Opus


6.29.10
8:43 pm
Last weekend, I finished recording and mixing the best song I have ever created.
I say it is the best not because it has wacky lyrics or is just weird or to hyperbolize, I say it is the best because it perfectly expresses exactly what I was trying to express when I set out to make it.
The song itself is surprisingly dense (for me), so I'll break it down for you.
It's called "Tiny Dick", but it has nothing to do with genitals.
I know, I'm just as shocked as you.
The song is actually about the most awful, annoying, cancerous person I have ever known.
It has two distinct movements.
The first section is a peek inside my head at how this person affects me on a daily basis, and also features a caricature of the horrid being itself.
It ends with me taking on the role of this individual and giving the listener a glimpse inside its head, or what I'd imagine its head is like.
I'd never want to be that close to this thing in reality.
The second section of the song is a lot more conventional, a straight up message from me to it.
I will be the first to admit that the first half of this song is unlistenable, but it was made that way consciously, to illustrate the point of the song and, without it, it wouldn't have nearly as much...Truth...as it does.
It is unlistenable because that is how this person makes me feel.
It fills my head with this noise.
The first movement is feeling and emotion incarnate.
The second is just a snappy 'fuck you'.
Together?
Well, you decide.
Ladies and gentlemen, I proudly present...
Enjoy.

No comments: