1.18.2006

1.18.06
3:12 PM
Events of today have (mostly) made up for the emotional and spiritual fecal storm of late. Had an excellent recording session this morning. They had lox at this place. It was also just so well designed. The entire team was very casual and fun to work with. I found out what exactly this was…
Capitol Lighting is a lighting store with four locations in Florida and one in New Jersey. This was a TV commercial and I did all the VO for it. It’s actually a pretty funny commercial and not nearly as boring and terrible as I thought it would be.
The beginning shows a bunch of people doing regular things with lampshades on their heads. Some of these things include playing catch (mildly amusing) and charades (very funny). Anyway, these people are bumbling around like me in a dimly lit room to the perfect music and then my VO comes in. The direction was deadpan, devoid of energy and just not giving a shit. It was hilarious. Sort of Steven Wright-ish.
Anyway, the whole thing was superfun and my voice was in top form. Not only did I have a voice today…but I also knew just what to do with it.
Also: the final version of my dry-and-white-bread-as-a-cracker Evergreen Financial thing is up on the production company’s external site. Watch it and try and pick out the sentences that don’t make sense to me.
Party is looming.
Happy is good.
Fuck Mark Scharfman.

No comments: