1.10.2006

1.10.06
3:03 PM
The new Gorillaz album Demon Days came out a while ago and, quite honestly, I was not impressed. It had maybe two or three songs I dug and the rest? Repetitive, uninspired stuff. Or so I thought…
Over time I have been enjoying more and more tracks. At first it was just Dirty Harry and Feel Good Inc. (the singles) and O Green World. Then I added Kids With Guns (excellent, excellent song). Soon after, I heard there was another video for another song of the album and I checked that out. The video was okay, but I didn’t remember the song being that good. I went back and checked it out again and then added that one (Dare) to the list. After that, I just started playing the album and about 85% of it is awesome. Much better than the first album. I was surprised at how many levels this one has. So many different sounds and textures. The rappers are a bit lacking but then again we can’t all be Method Man or ODB can we? Whatever the case; check out the album but remember to give it a few listens before you say, “Man, that Paul sure has bad taste in music. I don’t know why I ever listen to him. In fact, based on this bad advice he gave, I will stop listening to him altogether…about everything. Why would I ever listen to him again after a terrible mistake such as this? Jesus fucking Christ what a faggot douchebag asshole! I can’t believe he wasn’t aborted…twice just to make sure, you know? Fuck, man. Why wasn’t he terminated?! Late term, so he would have felt it. Son of a bitch, I am so angry about this now…I need a cigarette and a hand job…”
On a completely unrelated note: the last few weeks of The Simpsons have been very impressive. Might this be the start of a turnaround for the faltering 17-year franchise? I hope so, because that would be SUCH a fucking downer if The Simpsons got canned.
Also, yesterday I read some of the fiction Phil sent Will and me. Some is good and one was fucking spectacular. After the three or so short works, I started reading his first novella entitled Moses. Not sure if it’s based on me or not…I suppose we’ll find out.
Finally, I had another Katamari dream last night. If the game doesn’t kill me, I might have to kill myself.

No comments: