1.14.2011

The Force Is Strong With This One

1.14.11
4:06 pm
So it seems as if I have become aligned with the Dark Side of the Force.
In a nutshell, there are a handful of people I actively dislike at my place of work; two of them were fired and a third one had TWO relatives die in ONE week.
Folks...I have decided to use my evil powers for good...like Spawn.
Spawn is awesome.
The comic, not the movie.
The HBO animated series as well, that was awesome.
What the hell am I talking about?
Oh yeah.
I've become a Sith.
Anyway, I didn't want people to die, I just wanted them to not be around me, or just out of earshot as they are all very loud, annoying people.
I guess what I'm getting at is...does anyone know any...redirection spells or anything? Because, things seems to be happening, yes, but not the things I want to happen.
I just want quiet, solace, not death.
Ugh, this is soooo monkey's paw.
Okay, I'm going to try and make a wish that not even the monkey's paw can screw up:
I wish that the people I dislike at my workplace had no tongues.
I think that works.
Hm...I guess we'll see.
Changing the subject.
I plan to do a lot of work on The Nightmare Journey this weekend.
Can't supply a release date yet, but it will be closer by the end of this weekend.
Might also see True Grit as well.
Oh, and finish Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood as I'm about 90% done.
Could that be all?
Could that be ALL?!
Hm.
You know, reading back over that monkey's paw wish, it seems like removing the tongues of the people I found noisy might actually be too monkey's paw, you know?
Like, I'd wish for the people to be quiet, and the monkey's paw would twist that and remove their tongues...so...I wonder what my wish twisted would be...maybe something worse, or maybe something a lot less intense...god damn I wish I had a monkey's paw.
Ah well.
If anyone I hate at my job loses a tongue, I'll let you know.

5:00 pm
Just got off the phone with Phil.
Discussed the fact that "immolate" does not, originally, have anything to do with fire, only total destruction and then we talked, at length, about his daily video blogs.
I think I might have helped a bit.
If you're reading this and aren't Phil or Will, you should check out his project at http://www.firstmillionwords.com/; basically Phil is writing 1,000,000 words this year (the equivalent of about one novel a month).
He started on January 1st (I think) and needs to write about 2,800 words a day, every day, to accomplish this.
His aim is "to expunge from my mind all of the crud that needs expunging before I can begin writing in my own true voice".
Not that he's a bad writer at all, but, his words, not mine.
It's an interesting idea and worth checking out.
So is the SNL skit starring Jon Hamm entitled "Jon Hamm's John Ham".
Go check out both.

No comments: