1.27.2011

The Filthy Lucre

1.27.11
3:53 pm
And now I am 30.
Still feel the same as when I was 17.
But with more sex.
A little more...
Received a plethora of amazing gifts from my best friends and family on Tuesday.
Basically, an industry standard home studio: Pro Tools, an M Box, sound dampening panels, an awesome mic (a Node, I believe) and mic stand.
I feel like a toddler that has been given a Stradivarius.
And I am terrified.
In a good way, but terrified nonetheless.
Just looking at the Pro Tools interface is...dear lord it's baffling...
I must now write and record songs for all those who presented me with this excellent stuff.
Whether they like it or not.
Had a mostly restful two days off; I purchased Dead Space 2 and finished Dead Space: Extraction, which is sort of a Dead Space 1.5, on-rails shooter that came out only for the Wii. It was added onto the PS3 version of Dead Space 2 because Sony rules and Microsoft blows children.
Or because there's more space on a Blu Ray, I'm not sure.
It's a nice little supplement to the original game.
I also started watching The West Wing again.
Oh my goodness that is prime Sorkin writing...
Speaking of which, the Oscar nominees were announced and The Social Network is everywhere.
As is True Grit, Black Swan and Inception.
I've never really been an Oscar person, but I've also never seen half of the year's best films without knowing they were, in fact, the year's best films, and one of my favorite bands doesn't usually get nominated for an Oscar.
Oh, and Reznor and Ross are totally going to win.
They're up against some classical pap from The King's Speech, some typical orchestral Zimmer stuff and...shit, I can't even remember the others.
As fitting or unfitting to that movie as that score is, it's definitely the most interesting one out there.
Very excited about their work on the Girl With the Dragon Tattoo remake.
I should watch the original soon...
Chris and I finished The Walking Dead as well.
Boy oh golly did they deviate from the comics...
Not really a cliffhanger ending, just sort of a "god damn I wish there were more episodes to watch right fucking now" ending.

I also put some more work in on Pesadilla and I am now one segment and a few credits from finishing.
Then, I start the authoring, which will hopefully not be an issue, and then...I am finished.
About two months after the trip, give or take...not too bad.
Party this weekend.
Who knows how that's going to go.
It might snow, you know...and we all know how seeing that fluffy, white stuff gently float from the sky makes us all insane with fear and grief.
POWDERED FUCKING WATER! IT'S POWDERED FUCKING WATER!!!!!
Anyway.
I'm 30.

No comments: