10.15.2009

Wang Dang Doodle


10.15.09
3:23 pm
I love the way the birds all freak out when it rains.
It's like an Otter Party.
Listened to the new Air album.
Not great.
Also listened to the new Mika album.
A couple stand out tracks, but probably not the ones he wants to stand out.
I had a chance to see Kaitlyn before she headed off to Majorca and she was obsessed with the first single "We Are Golden".
Personally, I think it sounds like a Journey/Bon Jovi mash up sans testicles.
"I See You" and Toy Boy" are enjoyable though.
He should open for Scissor Sisters.
It would be pinker than description allows.
On Monday there was a post on the official eels web site that there is another new album coming out in January.
It's called End Times and I'm already more excited about it than Hombre Lobo (which I've listened to maybe five times since its release in June). 
E talked about how he had another full album finished when HL came out.  I really hope this is...fuller.
That seems to be the way he works, though.
Souljacker was rich and layered and sonically diverse, Shootenanny! was recorded in a week in a studio with a bunch of people gathered around a microphone (not that it was bad, there's a few great tracks on there).
Blinking Lights was epic, amazing, disparate etc., HL was a few weeks in a studio and uses about five instruments total.
Plus, End Times is just so evocative.
Feels a little Year Zero personally; Alpha and Omega type shit.
An eels album of Biblical proportions.
Dogs and cats living together...well, you know...
Finished Chuck Palahniuk's non-fiction book.
It was like a bunch of Chuck P. short stories but less interesting in most cases.
In one though, he outright gushes over a writer named Amy Hempel.
So I picked up her collected shorts.
I've read about eight (only forty plus to go...her shorts are SHORT) and she has quite an obsession with earthquakes and people in hospitals.
If she wasn't in either of these positions at some point in her life...well, then she needs to switch it up a bit.
Not as I-have-seen-the-eyes-of-God as Palahniuk made it out to be, at least not yet, but enjoyable.
I also just finished the first book in the Dresden Files series by Jim Butcher.
The Chandler tropes are...palpable.
But there's magic and I'll read anything with more than three books in the series so I'm in for the long haul.
Picked up Brütal Legend (and, incidentally, just learned how to type an umlaut...it's Alt+0252...how fucking cool is that? üüüüüüüü!!!!! BWA HAH HAH HAH HAH!!! þÿÔÕ.  Awesome.) and I'm not being blown away.
Three games came out on Tuesday that I was considering: Brütal Legend, Uncharted 2 and Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition.
I was, literally, ambivalent about BL and Uncharted because both are supposed to be amazing, but have a lot of multiplayer, which I am never going to use and Fallout 3 is a game I'd played through already, xmax, but this has about 20 more hours of different stuff and I need to own it (I'd borrowed the original from Ray).
But as I walked away from the counter on Tuesday with BL in my hand, almost immediate Buyer's Regret set in.
I know I'm going to get all three of these fuckers at some point, probably some point soon, but I think I should have gotten Uncharted first.
Oh well.
Such problems as only an American like me could have.
Oh dear! I know not which video game to purchase first!  Plus there's a strawberry seed on my elbow and my thighs are chaffing from walking the twelve feet from my chocolate pool to my sex tent! Get the phoenix-drawn travois!
I've had sex in a tent.
You ready?
It was "in tents".
Heh heh heh.
I'M OUT!

No comments: