12.09.2009

Let me call Regina...THAT'S who I have to call.

12.9.09
3:29 pm
A proper response to this journal entry's title might be: Who the fuck is Marcus?
To which I respond: I know, I know, I don't know, I know.
And.
Just listening to the new Charlotte Gainsbourg album, "IRM", today. This album was a collaboration with Beck and it's some pretty tight shit.
He's done for her dreamy, French ephemera what Reznor did for Manson's dreamy, French ephemera on "Antichrist Superstar", namely: he made it better.
Seriously though.
Her "first" album in 2006, "5:55", was a bit too dreamy and French for my tastes. I appreciate the French language, it's so goddamn beautiful and liquid, but neither the music nor the instrumentation was really grabbing me.
How to make your music more interesting?
Beck it up, Frenchy.
And, yes, it sounds, more or less, like a Beck album sung by some French chick (he pops in occasionally), but that's excellent because there's some things that Beck really can't do, like sound beautiful and fae in French.
Plus she looks like that chick with no ear lobe from the Bond movie where the bad guy has a bullet in his brain.
You know?
So, she's pretty beautiful.
In fact, the French in general (or maybe just in Nice and Monaco) are a stunningly beautiful people.
There was this girl on the Bacardi shoot named Clemens?
Laws a mussy!
Po'k salad Annie!!!
Gator's gotcha granny!!!
CHOMP CHOMP!!
And she's also in this movie "Antichrist" starring Willem DaFoe and some terrible things happen in a cabin in the woods...so...yeah.
Charlotte Gainsbourg, not Clemens.
Also watched the new eels video for "In My Younger Days", a track from the new new album.
Man, can this fellow write a crushingly depressing song.
Just the other day I found a torrent for E's 1985 demo.
It's a full, 14-track album called "Bad Dude In Love".
It. Is. Horrendous.
Mostly.
The middle few tracks are actually kind of fun, but, fuck me, has he come a long way.
It's...it sounds like a joke.
Like someone challenged him to make a stupid, shallow, 80's pop album.
And he won that challenge.
Xmax.
I forgot to eat breakfast today.
My tummbly rummbly!!!
Just a few weeks 'til Christmas and the Wedding.
Had a total panic freak out when I thought my passport was expired last night.
But we're good.
1/20/10.
As long as I'm not kidnapped or made some sort of God King while I'm there.
Or as long as I'm rescued/deposed by the 20th.
Whatever.

No comments: