11.09.2006

J to the Izz Ames muhfuggin' Biz Ond.

So now it's fucking summer again?!
FUCK YOU GOD!
Also, I just checked out the new Bond movie theme, "You Know My Name" by Chris Cornell. VERY solid.
When it comes to Bond theme music you can go terribly wrong very quickly.
You can pick the wrong voice (Sheryl Crow - Tomorrow Never Dies) or the wrong lyricist (Don Black -The Man With The Golden Gun) or just completely fuck up and go with the most popular artist at the time (Madonna - Die Another Day).
The key to a good Bond theme is to have a song that can fit into your usual catalog as an artist and be accepted as a (semi) normal pop song, have that whiff of cheese that all Bond movies must, by law, contain, have some strings in there somewhere (preferably playing the "Bond Theme" or something very close to it).
I think a few have met all these criteria. They include: You Only Live Twice (covered by Coldplay and Bjork), Live and Let Die (covered by Guns N Roses), A View to A Kill, The Living Daylights, Goldeneye, The World Is Not Enough and You Know My Name.
I have an affinity for most of them since I am a HUGE Bond fan. If I ever become a zombie, putting on a Bond movie would be a good way to distract me.
Speaking of which, would anyone be up for seeing the new one the weekend it's out (the 17th)? We could make a dinner and a movie thing out of it.
I'm craving a Dallas BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich...and human brains.

No comments: