9.13.2011

This Weekend, I Spent $30 On Shrimp

9.13.11

3:49 pm

Big, succulent, ready-to-eat shrimp.

Thirty.

Dollars.

On.

Shrimp.

Little lemon...little cocktail sauce...

Pleasant.

Very pleasant.

I also watched X-Men: First Class with Chris.

Not bad.

They missed out on a great opportunity by:


  • Not having good writers for
    the White Queen

  • Not having a good actress who
    could deliver good lines as the White Queen


But, they did have:


  • January Jones in revealing clothing for the majority of her time on screen


Sadly, I'm not one of those people that associates one's hotness with one's acting ability and her acting remained terrible, despite her impressive cleavage.

There was a pretty funny moment, actually, involving her and the guy that played Boris the Blade from
Snatch.

So, the White Queen (who is a crazy telepath and can make you see whatever she wants you to see) creates a duplicate of herself to seduce Boris.

But, since this is a PG-13 movie (and a soft PG-13 in my opinion) this seduction consists of her straddling him while he sort of moves his hands around her breasts, buttocks and other sexy parts while sort of muttering in Russian.

It was exactly what I think of when I hear the phrase "fooling around".

It's what all the kids that watched Benny Hill probably thought he was attempting to do with all those buxom women in lingerie he was always chasing.

Very weird stuff.

Whatever.

They had an excellent moment with Wolverine though, and the whole thing was always worth it.

Anyway, I also stormed my way through the "Bad" ending of InFamous 2.

Think I'm done with that franchise...or is that franchise done with me???!!!

No.

Other way around.

Last night marked my triumphant return to the world of trying to record an audio book around the early morning traffic outside my window.

So.

Close.

Need a refresher as to how Aschenbrenner sounds...

Maybe a touch Agent Smith...?

Also, a quick update regarding my evil powers.

This idiot at work who ruins my day simply by showing up: her daughter, who just started college, had some horrible gall bladder problem and was rushed to the hospital last week, right after her first few days of college.

The doctors are puzzled as to the cause of the ailment.

Okay, inchoate evil forces that seem to coalesce about me: please, I don't want her children hurt, I just want her to stop talking.

Or, hey, just have her leave the room.

Whatever.

But, whatever, you're the malignant spirits, not me.

You probably know what you're doing.

So...thanks for listening, I suppose.

I just posted my review of the new St. Vincent album, Strange Mercy and you can see it on the Internet web site www.amazon.com.
YOU can read it HERE
If you want to, you know, read an awesome review of a great album, you know.
If not, that's cool.
Fag.

Apparently, of the two people that read it, one found it helpful, while one did not.

That's 50% baby!!!

WOOO!!!

I should become a weather man!!!!

No, no, I shouldn't.

Then I'd hate myself AND be a liar.

Some huge talking dog related news: as of Thursday, September 15th, you will be able to not only hear my vocal work as a talking Bloodhound, but you will be able to INTERACT with me as said talking Bloodhound.

Regrettably, I will NOT be naming nuts (sorry, Will), but I will help you find a tablet computer.
Paul, I can hear you trill, what in the fuck are you talking about?

Well, I will TELL YOU.

A few months ago, I recorded some VO for Zyrtec, the folks that make a pill so you don't sneeze around dogs and one that also gives worms to ex-girlfriends (Will, perhaps you should obtain a few for the Lovely Hoy Hoy?).

They were creating a sort of interactive choose your own adventure video game.

The goal is to locate the buried tablet computer, but you can only do that with the help of one of four dog guides.
At the moment, only one, the pug is available.

But, on September 15th...Paul M. Guyet, the Bloodhound will be there to help you along.

So, head over to www.zyrtec.com/parksunleashed and check me out on Thursday.

And don't worry, I will repost this ad nauseum.

I've obtained the new Tori Amos album, "Night of Hunters", and I'm enjoying it despite every fiber of my being.

More on that later.

And speaking of new music, Chris tuned me in to the new Ladytron, "Gravity the Seducer", which comes out today.

I've only dabbled with the first few tracks, but it seems immediately more accessible and, for them, that's a good thing.

Great tile as well.

You should check out their album teaser video as it's rife with amazing future desert imagery.

In the spirit of Batman, I've been reading every single issue involving Bane for the past week or so, trying to get a fuller picture of this character before Tom Hardy plays him in next years The Dark Knight Rises.

The thought bubbles are getting to be a bit grating.

Hm...could that be all I have to say for now?
Could it?!

Good Lord!

I'm out of things to say!

Look at me, a picture of non-loquaciousness!

Of non-verbosity!!!!!

Fuck!

4:40 pm

Two more things:

One, do you believe that anyone would really have found the ending of that movie Pret a Porter shocking or inspired?

Oh wow, I'm a totally edgy fashion designer and my big reveal: they're all naked, even the hot, pregnant chick.

Especially in France.

And, two, anyone else think that Tori Amos would have been really bummed if she'd had a son?

No comments: