8.02.2011

The Lack Of Action In My Blood

8.2.11

4:24 pm

 

I feel...so hollow at this moment.

24 is over.

No closure, no big finish, no Jack Bauer vs. A Renegade Asteroid or Angry Tsunami or a clone of himself.

Yes, yes, there were some crazy moments, just like there are in every season of the show; Jack did get dressed up in some crazy, all black government killer outfit, causing an evil ex-President to actually scream the words, "It's Jack Bauer! He's coming to get me!" like a teenage girl in a slasher flick while pointing and weeping.

But.

You know.

I wanted more.

Something irrevocable.

There were rumors of a ninth season on some other network, but the price tag was too high.

Then rumors of a 24 movie which would sort of defeat the purpose unless it was 24 hours long and in real time.

Anyway, let's not focus on the past.

I need to lock down the future.

Where the hell am I going to get my ridiculous action fix?

I need my ridiculous action fix.

I need perpetual action with a huge number of cliffhangers and bad acting.

Fuck.

I can feel the sense of urgency the show instilled in me draining out of my body like piss.

*sigh*

 

In other news, I have officially recorded half of Philip Tucker's The Grind Show. 

The first eleven chapters have been edited and are ready to go.

Again, if I only had a quiet place to record this thing, it would have been over about two months ago, but, hey, welcome to New fucking York fucking City.

Fucker.

I'm finding that the more characters there are in a chapter, the longer the recording takes.

Especially when Jeremy (who totally has to be Irish because it's integral to the plot and who couldn't ever be Scottish NOOOOO!) is involved.

I need a studio and an engineer and a director and an editor.

Just remember that when you listen to the final product.

I was lacking these key elements one has when recording an audio book.

I'm happy with what's gone on thus far, I just wish it sounded more professional for those out there that are going to buy a copy.

Whoever you are.

I have to say, Phil, next time you want something recorded, try to have the release of the book AND the audio version coincide.

Not really sure how many people are going to buy this...

Do you have any friends who are readers but are also legally blind?

Beside me?

Oh! I have an idea! Arrange a book tour and then blind the people who come to buy your book with acid!

They'll have no choice but to get the audio version!

I mean, they were there to buy the damn book, right?

Money. Maker.

Someone should shake me...

 

I'm going to try my damnedest to pop out one chapter a night until I'm done, but "early" "morning" auditions the next day and the baking heat of my room (with door and windows closed to minimize the goddamn noise) make a liar out of me.

HEAR ME: I am still enjoying myself and it is an honor and a challenge to have undertaken this task, but it's just getting drawn out is all.

And we still don't know if anyone is going to even by a copy.

THAT is the rub.

It's like an audition, but instead of ten minutes and a paragraph of text you're tossing out there, it's hours and hours of talking and editing.

Yeesh.

But whatever, I dig the book, I'm in the book and the writer is not only a best friend, but also a great writer who has the ability to grab the reader by the brain's balls and make them dig his shit xmax.

So fuck you, read his book and then listen to his fucking book, read by me, you filthy god damn pigs.

 

Phil, the above statement...book jacket/audio book blurb?

...call me...

 

Planning on seeing Captain America tomorrow.

The movie, not the superhero.

If I can find a show around 86th street, I might follow this up with some hot dogs and papaya dust juice.

Goodness gracious is that stuff addictive.

I haven't had it in years, but, yeah...that stuff is addictive.

 

And finally, I just found out yesterday that TMBG is having their 30th anniversary show (the actual date of their first show, but thirty years later) on January 28th, 2012 in Los Angels.

As it happens, my birthday is three days before that and I am considering flying out to see the show, all the Kevin Smith podcast shit I can and hang with Will and Diana.

And possibly take in a real good meal in Glendale.

And go to JC Penny.

And eat at a Zankou Chicken.

But the show is seated and the people more obsessed than me have already bought up a lot of the good seats.

So, not sold yet.

I put an e-mail out to the Instant Fan Club folks to see what the deal is, but, yeah, not sold yet.

 

More updates as I see fit.

 

No comments: