10.30.2003

This could be a problem...

Recently my good friend Phil celebrated his Birthday. As a surprise present I sent down a few of my ninja to hang out with him and entertain him because, what's cooler than hanging out with ninjas? However, I just received news today that this group of ninja I sent tried to assassinate him! Of course Phil, being a very well-trained and dangerous swordsman was able to dispatch them quickly and I'm very glad about that, but the problem here is this direct violation of my orders. My Tenchu ninja only obey two people; myself, as their leader and my second in command, Onikage. Although Phil is an elite member of a very old and powerful pirate clan around the Silver Bluff/Santa Cruz area and although pirates and the Tenchu are mortal enemies, I consider Phil a very close friend and I would NEVER harm Phil or try to harm him in any way. That could start a full out pirate/ninja war and no one wants that. This disobedience and attack are just the symptoms of a larger malady I fear…what was the reason for it? Who ordered it? Since I wouldn’t do something like this, as I said, and Onikage is as loyal to me as all my ninja, then that means there is a random, radical element amongst my ninja ranks. Perhaps this is the start of a ninja rebellion? I shudder to think of the devastation that would cause. The Tenchu have existed for centuries…in the shadows. If there actually was something like that in the works and it came to full fruit…the world would be helpless. There would exist only two kinds of people, the dead and those who have yet to be mowed down by the blade of the Tenchu. Whatever the case, I need to get in touch with Onikage to find out what happened and as soon as possible because I’ve heard rumors that Phil is on his way here to see me…and he is NOT happy…

No comments: