8.12.2016

East Coast, West Coast, Everyone's A Killer: Sobbing Like A Goddamn Baby

The hardest thing I did today was stop crying after a scene. Somehow I thought that this would be a light day. I was and continue to be a fool. If anyone sees this, I'll be interested to get their reactions, specifically those of people who know me and my...me-ness. Is it overwrought? Does it feel fake? Does it feel like a "real movie"?
Or, to just come right out and say it: am I a good dramatic actor? I know I'm a strong comedic actor, a strong voice actor, and also, very tall, but, Hillary just told me that, after the last scene, that I was a "real actor". Although I firmly believe that comedy is harder than drama and that comedic actors are better at drama than the reverse, that question is still flashing, in neon, over my head and has been since we started shooting last month. Truly curious how people will accept this, friends and strangers alike. Sadly, most people can't spend three minutes to watch a silly little video without cats in it, there is no way they're going to spend ninety plus minutes to watch it, so, much like the number of licks it takes to get to the Toosie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop*, the world, and, more importantly, I will never know.
Quelle fin tragique.

*Yes, I've read the studies that have found it's between around 150 and 410, shut up.

No comments: