8.12.2016

East Coast, West Coast, Everyone's A Killer: PENULTIMO

Jave you gon? To it?
Actt.

Yesterday, the hardest thing I did was not freak out and burn the building down when a fitted sheet* kept popping off the mattress I was sitting next to. Drove. Me. Crazy. BUT, Luie (art department) and I figured it out and emerged, triumphant, from the Great Los Angeles Mattress War of 2016.

And, despite it having been long, yesterday was bliss. We shot in a real studio! There was a fake prison and a fake hospital and part of a plane and creepy offices that looked like they would be part of an "interactive waiting experience"** for the Mummy ride or something related to Indiana Jones. There was an abundance of air conditioning and a whole room specifically for craft services! AND IN THAT ROOM THERE WAS A TOASTER!!!!!!! I just now get why actors act. If I am just starting out and getting air conditioned rooms with toasters in them, what must Robert*** and Chris**** get when they yearn for things? Probably hard boiled eggs with most of the shell removed, so they can hold it without getting their hands all wet from the egg. Also, really absorbent paper towels. Maybe harder to find candy like Razzle or Chuckles or Candy Corn M&M's.

I've got two days left to shoot and three days left in El La. Tomorrow I have "off", but it's going to be spent running around and packing and everything so I can get to bed at 7 pm for my 4 am call on Sunday, which should help for my 3 am call on Monday to get to LAX. Still genuinely happy that this fucked up schedule will spare me any discomfort once I return to New York.
Today is the last day with Sally Mom and I'm going to try and get a picture of her next to me in my Mother Feather shirt. #StruthersFeather

As a treat today, we are getting pizza for lunch. I am going to try and resist the expected New York pizza comparison, because, you know, I don't like to complain.

MOAR LIKE ILL-FITTED SHEET

** Read "line"

*** Downey Jr. We're friends.

**** Evans. We're frienemies.

No comments: