8.08.2016

East Coast, West Coast, Everyone's A Killer: Boogie Shoes

Have you ever danced with the Devil in the pale moonlight? But then realized it wasn't the Devil, but, rather, Jack Nicholson dressed as the Joker. And then you're like, "Dude, the next guy to play your character is going to redefine what you're doing, but the guy after that is going to fall short," but then he's like, actually the real Joker, and, suddenly you're like, "Oh shit. I'm ballroom dancing with the Joker!" Then he smiles and his mouth smells like chemicals and death and he says, "Tell me a joke. And it had better be funny," and you totally feel a knife against your ribs and, while trying to think of a joke, he starts chuckling way back in his throat and then, just as you feel the blade start to poke through your shirt, you fart, hugely. There is one, perfect second of silence before the Joker is doubled over in laughter. "Say it, don't spray it, stink-o!" He yells. "Hey! Did anyone get the license on that tug boat?!" He yells. "Help! This man just lost his duck! He smells awful and goes by the name Butt Trumpet!" He yells.
But you've already run off...
Then, you, Actor.

Hardest thing about day ten was seriously not losing my shit at all the improved bits of conversation that were happening, specifically those of Sally Mom, Bill Daddy, Lacey (who plays my sister, Regina), and Jann, who plays Darth Sidious*. Ten hours spent at a dinner table with strangers will either make you friends or bitter enemies, luckily this swung towards the former.

Before the day started, I did some laundry and accidentally used liquid fabric softener for the first time in my life. Holy fuck. I feel like a caveman who has just discovered fire. And blowjobs.

Saturday evening, after some shopping and Stranger Things, I conjured up an Uber and it was the same driver from a few hours before. He wasn't. Overly chatty, but he was a bit too eager to please. Just typing that, I realize that is an hilariously shitty statement to make. Oh, sorry the man asked you if you wanted water or more AC or to control the radio. You bitch.
Anyway, got to Mohawk Bend late because of something called traffic**, but once there, met with Alan, Graham, John (a friend from high school I haven't seen in almost twenty years), Autumn and Luke. Good times. Lots of synergy. And hard pineapple cider. Afterwards, Alan and his lady friend took me home. Think I might make a pilgrimage to Mohawk Bend August of every third year, just to make it a tradition.

Sunday was some rehearsal which resulted in Alex weeping. In a good way. Then, I took in Graham's new horror film, The Mind's Eye
So. Much. Blood. 
So. Much. Fun.
If you like blood and fun, you need to see this film.

At the moment, I'm sitting in a place called Cheesewright Studios as things are built around me. We are here for three days, then two days on a soundstage in Anaheim, then Saturday off, then the final day of shooting, this Sunday. Then, 3 am car to LAX to catch my 6 am flight. Legitimately grateful for the early ass schedule I've been on so that, when I return to New York, I won't be suffering from Temporal Shift Sickness***.

Now...well, they don't need me yet, sooooo how's things with you? 

Oh, shut up, never mind, I know...so, after talking at length with our 2nd AD, James about noise and experimental and Coil and all typesa shit, he made me a NON mix CD. I've got to dig deeper here...there is some fabulously weird and deep shit going on.

Another thing that's been knocking around in my head is how often I'm immersed in deep, meaningful conversations about stuff when, suddenly, I'm whisked away for hair or wardrobe or blocking, never to finish my thought or reach that revelation I was so close to... It's kind of cool and kind of frustrating.
As of now, I know everyone's names and have had some sort of exchange with everyone. I think I'm going to address that in a wrap up or something, so you've got something to look forward to and live for.

* Might be kidding, might not, guess you'll have to see the film...

** Not sure if I'm using that word correctly.

*** Or the Time Lord's Malady, as it is more commonly known.

No comments: