6.18.2012

My Week On The Inside

I am allotted 20 paid vacation days a year. I've not, in recent memory, ever used all 20, but, this year, as it turns out, I had to take five days before July...and I did so from last Monday to last Friday. It would have been more wonderful without having five fucking auditions, but I suppose that's kind of like complaining about having orgasms.

The highlights included writing and recording some music for some things I'm working on (and some just because I had the time and inclination to do so), seeing Christina while the sun was still up, sitting quietly in a darkened room with a sumptuous breeze coming in through the window as I watched endless episodes of Parks and Recreation and playing Resident Evil 5 for nearly twelve hours with Jen Rock. Together, we killed SO many infected Africans...it was...horrifying.
I also got chainsawed in half once and only once.

Obviously, I could go for another week (or 70) of just...being, but I'm astounded to find that my first day back at work hasn't been the Screaming Nightmare I'd been expecting. I'm pretty sure it has to do with the fact that, about a month ago, two of the most annoying in my work life were terminated in two days.
On top of that, cut backs mean there are less people in the office with me at any given time. Sometimes, in fact, I have, literally, hours alone to just...be. It's delicious.
Plus, my idiot supervisor (the one responsible for the top picture here) has been replaced by, get this...someone who graduated...from college! We have cogent conversations! Plus, she isn't conniving and snakelike, which is also a plus.
Long story short, returning to work wasn't assy because the job itself has become less assy.
That is a good thing.
And, folks, it's good...when things are good.

Looking forward to yet another Comcast session on Thursday and some huge amazing news coming up on the Speakaboos front soonish.

The weekend brings a housewarming party for the aforementioned Killer Red, J Rock and the weekend after brings about a Moustache Bash for Lisa's birthday.
I plan to have the best moustache...or die trying.
Or not.
But I'll be there, wherever it is.

I feel as if there is more to tell you...but I also feel like your attention has wandered.
Ah, well then, sojourn forth, oh Hyperborean Wanderer! Find thine serpents and banish them!
Or not.

I'm going to get some muthafuckin falafel.

No comments: