2.09.2004

Why do we hurt the one we love?

For instance, I love myself. I received a phone call at 11:30 this morning while I was still sleeping trying to regain my momentum after being woken up by a terrified Christina at 5 a fucking m, from my other job at the hospital. I saw the number and thought, hm maybe it's them reminding me I'm working this weekend. So I wait for my phone to stop ringing and for the message thing to appear. I check the message and it's Angie asking if I can work tonight from 11pm to 7am. Urp. Meaning that I am awake now (noon) I have to go to Roundabout at 4 and work til 9, get home at 9:40, have an hour or so before I have to sit in a quiet room underground for 8 hours and then get home at 7:03 and sleep til 3 so I can go to work tomorrow. Why do this to myself? A. I get A LOT of money from the hospital and I have no problem taking money from an institution such as THAT. B. I’m always curious about how much of what I can take (tequila, sleep deprivation, etc). I called her back and accepted because I want to see how far I can stretch my tall self.
In another area of my self, I am having a pretty good month so far (knock wood). First off, my rent check cleared leaving me with a somewhat paltry sum, but that sum will be greatly increased by my (4) weekly checks from Roundabout (nothing new), my (5) payments from the hospital (which pays like dirty good) and a few days ago I just got y Nike check (SCHWING!). I have decided to reward myself by buying a copy of The Simpsons Hit and Run video game for PS2. The game is basically Grand Theft Auto but with the Simpsons. The writers from the show wrote everything in the game, the artists did all the art and the voices from the show are all there. Really stoked. Good month.
Also, I was reflecting on this yesterday, Live Journal is mainly a tool for staying in touch with people you never see (or people you always see and want to know every detail of your LIFE), I don’t think there’s a lot of truth in it at all. Almost everyone I know who is a Live Journalist has a real, paper journal that they keep hidden from the world. Honestly, say Lisa had a huge problem with Marc…would she really post it on the Internet? If Chris ever had a steamy encounter with a lesbian, would she really post it here? If Kaitlyn finally came to grips with and admitted her huge crush on me (like she tried to do when she’s drunk…), would she put it on her Live Journal? Same with Denise? And Alan? Of course not, that would take the fun and hypocrisy out of it. Nary a relevant truth to be found. Welcome to Bush’s Live Journal community. Crazy.
In other news, really looking forward to Survivor. I hope Richard’s dirty little bugfucker gets bitten off.
And, I am working on a massive project for Jade. Should be cool.

No comments: