2.10.2004

While you were sleeping...

5:48 AM
Listening to two exhausted street-ass brothas having a conversation is quite an experience. Vowels and consonants scattered everywhere. Some I've never heard before. To the casual listener, one might think they were naming their favorite Lovecraft “Indescribables”. I decided to write this because, after being up since five am (getting on and off sleep ‘til about ten) my fabric is a bit frayed and I can very clearly see myself standing up from my forgotten place behind my tower of beeps and lights and screaming “Use your tongue correctly! Say the words, don’t chew them!” A part of my mind sniffs, looks down its brain-nose and thinks loudly, they wouldn’t last a day in my advanced Vocal Tech class…I could picture myself doing that or something else that would get me shot. I feel evil all around me. I am VERY unsettled to learn that earlier this week a resident accidentally killed another mere feet from the office in which I now sit. What is this buzzing? Voices from the Umbra? Ether Beings asking me questions? No salvation for over an hour. Lies fly like darts around my friends. I sit very still in the middle so I won’t get cut. These here darts got barbs. I’m the only employee here who doesn’t wear a uniform and my handwriting is Unchartable. every hollow word. It’s always night here. Dead and cold like the body in the morgue. They all try to make small talk with me, but it doesn’t work then they get scared then insulted.

 f r o m l a s t t i m e

“So, you reading that Fight Club book?”
“Yes.”
“The movie Fight Club book?” DIRECT QUOTE
“Yes.”
“Good?”
“(insert my honest opinion of the book)”
“…oh, iight…”
s I l e n c e
The longer I’m here, the lower the ceiling gets. One day, I’ll have to wait outside. One day, I’ll be too tall for everything and I’ll just wait outside.
00:59:00…

No comments: