9.09.2009

Peking! Duck!


9.9.09
10:34 pm
What's with me watching a shit load of bad movie lately?
First off, "Mad Max".
Never seen it before, know it's part of some crazy, oft referenced series starring Mel Gibson, Tina Turner and a midget in some post-apocalyptic wasteland battle arena.
How have I NOT seen this, right?
Well, turns out "Mad Max" blows dingoes.
Next, "Knowing".
From the word 'go' I knew this was going to be bad, but I wanted to see why and how.
Nicolas Cage.
Yes, I get it, he's horrible.
But, was he the reason the movie sucked or did his horrible suck infect the whole thing?
So I downloaded it and experienced first hand the disaster that is "Knowing".
The most shocking thing was that the movie (aside from the acting) was pretty good...until the aliens showed up.
*sigh*
Why are there so many aliens in the third acts of movies today?!
Jesus!
And why are all imbued with the ability to ruin a movie so wholly?
The truth is out there...and it is ruining movies.
And last night "Suspiria".
As Chris and I were wading into this ocean of shit, she was furiously Googling this filmic abortion.
Turns out "people" consider it to be one of the best horror movies ever.
I put people in quotes because, after you watch this movie and say it's good, you are no longer considered a human being.
It's not even "so bad it's good" bad.
It's just "bad".
I mean bad.
No quotes.
But, I have just finished the first season of "Fringe".
And I must reassess my original summation of this show.
It is more than just "J.J. Abrams loves the X-Files! Watch!"
It's not nearly as good as the X-Files, but it's a solid show and I look forward to the second season which starts...next week?
And...I've also just finished the new Palahniuk Pygmy.
It wasn't great.
I am about to embark upon the third most recent Palahniuk Rant.
Looks more promising.
Also interested in seeing:
District 9
Inglourious Basterds
Big Fan
Extract
World's Greatest Dad
And finally, I'm thinking of starting up Bite the Music again.
See if we can't fucking get our shit together now that we're five years older.
Working on finishing up some Dead Ends I started when the blog was stated so, keep an eye out.
Okay.
Done.
Oh and Batman Arkham Asylum is fucking awesome.

No comments: