9.11.2009

The Terrorists Have Won.


9.11.09
4:06 pm
Busy, goddamn, motherplucking day.
Three auditions scattered throughout the morning, starting with a faux Darth Vader and a mimicking of the Peanut Butter Jelly Time banana vocalist for some Halloween thing, then some suede and gravitas vox about keeping kids safe from the flu and finally, some hyperactive psychotic scrubbing bubbles for a parody of the typical hyperactive psychotic scrubbing bubbles.
I'm fucking wrecked.
And to add to the general wreckage, I've been soaked in both rain and sweat since I stepped outside which is supergreat when all the auditions are held in stylishly remodeled meat lockers.
And now I have seven hours left here.
With the Trogs.
Seeing World's Greatest Dad tomorrow with Lisa, Alan and Chris.
Good to see Robin Williams getting something that doesn't involve living kids.
Did that make sense?
God I'm beat.
Oh, also, at the flu/suede/gravitas vox audition, when I entered the lobby and removed my solipsistic headphones, I was assaulted by 520 8th Avenue's...Remembrance Celebration?
It was a bunch of overexcited douchebags in red, white and blue lame jumpsuits singing that song about the caissons rollin' along.
One was actually interacting with the people coming in, marching in place and smiling and, for a second, it was about to address me, but I think my look of hate, disgust and shock might have been enough to deter it.
Remember when people just used to be quiet for Crash Day?
Me neither.
Because IT NEVER HAPPENED.
The media and most everyone else has just been as shrill as on the day it happened.
Honestly, does ANYONE need reminding?
Especially anyone in New York City?!
AND DO THEY NEED TO BE REMINDED BY SOME COCKHOLES IN JUMPSUITS SINGING ABOUT CAISSONS!!?!?!!?
If I'd had mastery of time and space for just that one moment this morning, I would have teleported those fruit snacks back to the morning of September 11th, 2001 and duct taped them all to the fucking North face of Tower One.
Tell me more about your caissons, please.

7:31 pm
So the final four Nine Inch Nails shows were September 2nd, 6th, 8th and last night in L.A.
Over the course of the last two, about half the show was Reznor and his usual band while the rest of it was Reznor pulling out a myriad of guest stars including Dave Navarro (Red Hot Chili Peppers, Jane's Addiction), Gary Numan (just Gary Numan), Mike Garson (David Bowie), Greg Puciato (Dillinger Escape Plan), HEALTH, Danny Lohner (old NIN bassist), Eric Avery (Jane's Addiction) and Atticus Ross (12 Rounds and a lot of work on the last two or three NIN studio albums).
So half of the set was Reznor playing with these guys while they did most of the singing.
When I saw them in New York, everyone in the audience was hoping and praying for Bowie to show up (the son of a whore lives, like, two miles from the gig) but all we got, two nights in a row, was Peter Murphy.
He was only on stage for three songs each night, so it wasn't horrible.
They were both fully Nine Inch Nails concerts.
But the final two Nine Inch Nails shows ever were half other people and a third other people's music.
Quite frankly, I would have been a bit pissed at only hearing fifteen Nine Inch Nails songs preformed by Nine Inch Nails at their last two shows ever (or for five years or ten years or whenever Reznor gets bored of being a newlywed).
The fact that, aside from Danny Lohner, I don't really care much about any of the guests probably lends to that claim.
Bowie would have done it for me though.
But he didn't show up, so, yeah.
Next up: Waiting for NIN to release the concert DVD chronicling the final ten shows ever.
Moichendizing! Moichendizing! Moichendizing!


9:03 pm
So.
A woman just called me, at 9:02 pm on a Friday evening, from what sounded like the best house party since the movies of that name and asked me what insurance I (the operator) take.
I wanted to answer "all typesa shit" but I didn't.
Does this mean I like having my job or merely that I like having a job?



9:33 pm
Just got off the phone with Phil.
We have invented three new words which need definitions:
Namblatencity
(nam-blah-TEN-si-tee)
and
Namblatentastic
(nam-blah-ten-TAS-tic)

and

Namblatenacity
(nam-blah-ten-ASS-i-tee)

Keep it clean.

No comments: