9.14.2009

Inglourious Beavers


9.14.09
3:25 pm
First off, black folks be LOVIN' Medea!!!!
She be alllll like 'Shut up!!" and then she be like "Oh LORD!!!" and then Joe be like "You can't spring all that ugly onna man!!!" and then Joe be like "Shit!!!!"
Can someone PLEASE explain the success or even the appeal of these shitty looking movies?
Please?
Are they like Police Academy for black people?
Like really stupid comedy so stupid that it's funny?
Or like...fuck.
I can't think of a white equivalent.
Someone help me out.
I don't want to watch them...but I might have to just to make sure they are actually terrible.
But again: black folks be LOVIN' THEM SOME MEDEA!!!
And P.S. racist or not, everything above is DIRECT FUCKING QUOTE from two different people working here.
And I was not one of them.
This weekend was full of things and stuff.
On Saturday, I saw 'Inglourious Basterds', finally.
And guess what?
Didn't really like it a lot.
Problem is I've had months of hype (years of it if you know that this is Tarentino's "World War II film" here's been working on/planning since 'Jackie Brown') and after 'Kill Bill' and 'Death Proof' I now have a certain expectations from Tarentino's stuff.
Some of it was great, but a lot of it just seemed a bit...un-Tarentino.
Plus the fact that he named the movie after this troop of Nazi-killing maniacs who were in the movie for about a half hour.
Only four or five or the eight of them even speak!
I didn't feel any connection to them and they're the title of the movie.
Oh well.
Maybe his World War III movie will be better.
Was going to see 'World's Greatest Dad' but the fucking thing doesn't exist anymore.
It was released on August 21st and now, it's playing in White Plains, NY.
That's it.
Robin Williams must have REALLY sucked in his last ten movies or so to be this badly treated.
Sunday was the shit.
I went hiking on Bear Mountain with Chris and we went to this zoo that was even more the shit than Sunday.
We saw an epileptic bobcat named Natasha, a pair of coyotes, some owls, an excellent box turtle, a British big mouthed bass, a bunch of bears, two or which were frolicking like the bears they were, friendly peepers, the lack of beavers, a belligerent bald eagle, an hyperactive otter, the goddamned laziest pair of porcupines in the world and a bunch of other cool animal friends.
Super awesome.
We then rented a busted ass rowboat which was less fun than being mauled by an epileptic bobcat.
It was truly awesome.
I love animals.
And now I must go because I THINK I'M ABOUT TO HEAR JUST HOW FUNNY MEDEA WAS THIS TIME AROUND!!!
THAT LADY JUST CAN'T KEEP HERSELF OUT OF TROUBLE!!!!!
HERE WE GO AGAIN!!!!
WHHHOOOOAAAA!!!!!!
Kill. Me.

No comments: