6.16.2006

Sausages and root beer

6.16.06
8:55 PM
Hey, who am I to ever turn down free food.
Also, I just realized reading a passage in Desperation that I have, at times, confused Ingmar Bergman and Ingrid Bergman, simply based on the names.
Another also, I will not be able to sleep tonight. I will go home, watch the NIN live DVD, listen to the new album in 5.1 and then lie in bed with it playing on my headphones until it is time to wake up (7 am) and then I will begin the long, long process of seeing Nine Inch Nails in Long Island. I am attempting to bring in my digital camera and take some shots since this show is quite the spectacle from pictures I’ve seen so far.
And: I listened to Depeche Mode’s “Ultra” for the first time in its entirety today. Very solid. A bit heavy n the instrumental tracks, I could have handled one more with lyrics, but hey, what are you going to do, tell Depeche Mode not to put so many instrumentals on an album?! Ha! Good fucking luck! Dave Gahan is a total dictatorial asshole when it comes to these things! Ha!
Ha!
And speaking of free food, I went to meet Meg and her boss, Bill for lunch today and when I arrive at Meg’s job (XM Satellite radio) she tells me that Bob Edwards will be joining us. BOB FUCKING EDWARDS! He is one of the top three most famous radio personalities in history! He was really cool and we talked about some really strange things. Bill was cool too. Turns out Bill has worked with none other than Billy West for the past 20 years. BILLY FUCKING WEST! Ren, Stimpy, 60% of Futurama, 80% of The Oblongs, 75% of The Critic, The Brain, Orson Wells, Tiny Toons, Animaniacs and the fucking list goes on. Next time I see him (next week to record some sweepers for XM) he’s going to give me a comedy CD that he and Bill West did together. How much madness is that?
And on top of all that happy goodness, I had a great on screen audition today for Food Network. Probably won’t get t, but it felt very good and that is what rocks, walking out with that sense of at least it went well.
Anyway, mung.

No comments: