6.02.2006

Anything worth doing…it’s worth doing right.

6.02.06
3:15PM

My fucking thumbnail is stabbing into my thumb from playing Nintendo for two hours straight. Fuck you, Mario. This is going to be a problem. This never used to happen when I was young. At least it teaches us that ergonomics isn’t bullshit. It also teaches us that eating mushrooms makes you bigger, Italian plumbers can break bricks with their bare hands and that being in close contact with tobacco leaves will turn you into a flying raccoon. Crazy Japanese and their crazy children’s’ drug culture. What is it about this game that makes it so addictive? The accessibility? The simplicity? The Koopas? Could it be the tobacco? Could it be the satisfaction of stomping waves of politically incorrectly named enemies? Could it be that green boot that makes you invincible? Could it be Giant World? In a way it’s all these things. And THAT is why they are still making Super Mario Brother games to this day.
Changing the subject drastically, I received a call from my agent earlier (while I was in Water World) and he told me that he wants me to be in a short film he wrote and is filming in a few weeks. It’s a tiny, non-speaking role in which I laugh and smoke (I’ve never even lit a cigarette, let alone smoked one) but the fact remains that he asked me personally. How cool is that? I really have no clue where the Great Magnet is taking me, but I would be a fool to resist.

No comments: