7.06.2011

On Message

7.6.11


3:25 pm


 


Folks, I am officially On Message.


 


Last week, I read an interview with Linnell in which he mentioned their new song, Can't Keep Johnny Down (the one I'm shooting a video for) and that "(t)he guy in the song is a complete and utter assh---* and the song is in the perspective of [him]."


 


Badly worded, but you get the point.


Then, today, I read an interview with Flansburgh in which he said of Can't Keep Johnny Down:


 


"The lyric is about a guy who seems like he’s got some mixed emotions about the world. He’s sort of reading everything in a hostile way."


 


Since before I'd read either of these, this was the aim of my video and the guys that wrote it are just solidifying my concept.


Which makes me feel even better about this project.


At this point, I've edited everything I have to edit and it looks good except for the fact that it was shot of a piece of shit DV camera from 1999.


Perhaps, if  win this, I will buy my ass a new camera...one with mad skillz like recording what it is pointed at and not looking shitty.


Things are still on track for this weekend and all I can do now is wait.


Might go back to Grind Show this evening, although I only had about five hours of sleep before a failed audition this morning and I don't want Jason sounding tired.


Can't be tired when you're hunting demons.


At least not in Chapter 16.


What I wouldn't give for an air conditioned, soundproof studio.


This book would be done in six weeks as opposed to six months.


Fucking...uh...world?


Ambient noise?


Cars?


Phil has stated he'd like me to read his earlier novel, Dark Fae nee The Shadow Of Your Throne once it's all good and edited and the only thing I can think of is how fucking obnoxious it's been recording in my completely unsoundproofed room.


One solution is to rent a studio, but that defeats the purpose of having a studio in my home and it costs money.


Fucking...sound waves...


Man, I'm just spraying anger today.


Well, I need more sleep is all.


Don't blame me.


I tried to get sleep last night, but Pella Windows just had to have me throw my buttered-leather voice into their hat.


DON'T BLAME ME.


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


* I think he meant to say "asshole". But I wasn't there.

No comments: