7.12.2011

Done. So Done.

7.12.11

5:40 pm

 

I...am so done.

So much so done that I can so taste it.

It tastes like three days of vacation, pizza and Saint's Row 2.

 

Just this afternoon, I finished editing and posted my "Can't Keep Johnny Down" video.

God and John Hodgman willing, this will be the last thing I film with my shitty, obsolete camera.

In the end, it was a pain in the ass, as all things that involve massive amounts of editing are, but it was a fun pain in the ass.

Like a clown hamster.

You can see this clown-hamster-up-my-ass video here.

 

Over the weekend, I hosted the 1st Annual DBO/NYC Fountain Tour with one Dawn Brooke Owens and her sister, Naomi.

We wandered around Central Park, covering at least 85% of it (and of the 85% covered, about 75% was intentional and not based on me getting us lost).

It was a fun, exhausting day and I'm probably not going to do it again until some other person wants a goddamn fountain tour.

Or statue tour.

Or gargoyle tour.

Actually...that last one sounds pretty cool.

Anyone want to do a gargoyle tour?

We could look at gargoyles.

 

And now, a rough outline of the next five days: sleep, sweat, play Resident Evil 5, play Saint's Row 2, finish season seven of 24, watch The Green Hornet (I support Seth Rogan), watch Police Academy 2: Their First Assignment (don't you fucking judge me), do dinner and Bad Teacher with Chris, Lauren, Brian and Jeannie and see the play Chris has, literally, shed blood over.

And I might see Horrible Bosses as I am a fan of about three quarters of the cast.

Other than that?

Nothing.

Well, I might record/edit some more Grind Show.

Almost halfway.

God damn if only it were 18 degrees cooler...

Have I ever mentioned how much I loathe this weather?

No?

Well, maybe later.

 

Picked A Clash of Kings back up, despite my own screaming protestations.

I think I figured it out...I don't like it when nothing happens.

Superficially in situations where two people are talking and we see what one is thinking but then their thoughts, which would totally make things exciting and interesting if only they'd fucking say them, are followed by "but Ser Wigglebottom didn't say that".

It's like, well, obviously he didn't say that, that would have made these books more interesting and shaved off a hundred pages and ten months from this fucking thing and we wouldn't want that, would we, GRRM?

I also believe that the series could have been four books and done by now if Martin didn't love the sound of his own fingers on his keyboard and making up funny names and family trees that go back eight thousand fucking years.

This guy is so verbose, he has two middle names, of course his books are going to reflect that.

Anyway.

 

I have downloaded and listened to the new They Might Be Giants' album.

A review should be up around Monday as I'm not doing anything that even slightly resembles work during my time away from this Ass Box.

I'll put everyone's* fears to rest and say now that it isn't the horrible car crash I thought it would be.

It has a lot of great stuff on there, including a few instant classics.

Not as immediately enjoyable as The Else, but the Dust Brothers aren't on this one.

Speaking of TMBG, originally their free show on the Williamsburg waterfront on the 29th was them and Eugene Mirmen.

Then I found out that Jonathan Coulton was opening.

Then I found out that Kristen Schaal and Patton fucking Oswalt will be performing as well.

For free.

What...did I do to deserve this?

Is it the fountain tour I put together for Brooke?

It is all the hours I spent cleaning oil from angry, sad sea creatures in the Gulf of Mexico??

Is it all the infected Africans I killed in Resident Evil 5?

Let's go with that last one.

Yes.

 

Okay, I hear what you're saying, it is indeed time for pizza.

Thanks.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

* Who?

No comments: