5.18.2009

Don't FUCK with the Lords of Hell!


5.18.09
7:08 pm
Watched "Let The Right One In" this weekend.  Seriously one of the sweetest movies I'd seen in a long time.  Yes the setting and actions are the main characters are, at times, really fucked up, but there is such an innate sincerity to the relationship between Oscar and Eli that my heart just wiggled.  I had the worst feeling that this was going to end in tragedy, but when the ending finally arrived, I was all smiles.
Such a well done movie too.  Why can't people in America make a good movie like that involves vampires?  Why must we turn to the Russians?
*sigh*
Saturday was physically and emotionally draining, but in a good way.  I guest walked Louis and Eloise for Josh and Linza and those pups slept they night, yes they did.  Then I retuned home with Danielle in tow and we talked for a while before putting on "Adventures In Babysitting", a movie I hadn't seen in about 15 years but which I'd rented obsessively (as I did with a set of about 25 or 30 movies) when I was a kid.  I miss the formulaic "What could POSSIBLY go wrong NEXT???!?!?!?!?!?" comedies.  So predictable, so soft.  And there's this guy in it who is scary as fuck.  I believe Danielle made some comparison to an evil Steve Buchemi.  Christ he's frightening.
Finished Dollhouse and, although I'd dig a second season, you could almost see the cancellation of the show telegraphed on the actor's faces in the season finale.  Poor Joss Whedon...will Fox EVER stop ass raping him?
The Picnic is this Saturday and YOU HAD BETTER HOLD YOUR WATER, GOD! OR YOU'LL HAVE ME TO DEAL WITH!
That's that.

No comments: