1.18.2013

All This And A Gaping Hole In The Crotch*

Had a pretty solid week or so just recently.

AND I'M GOING TO TELLYOU ABOUT IT NOW.

In no particular order:

I watched the second half of Batman: The Dark Knight Returns a few nights ago and they managed to make it better than the first.
I blame the Joker.
And, although Michael Emerson would never be my first choice as the Joker, this is set pretty far in the future and he lends a frailty** to the character I've never heard before.
One thing I've never gotten (and I was hoping seeing it animated would help, but it really didn't) **SPOILERS** is how the Joker kills himself by breaking his own neck merely by jerking his head. I'm not a doctor, but can you partially break your neck like Batman did his?**NO MORE SPOILERS**
Anyway.
The level of violence was shocking and, while it'll never top Batman: The Animated Series, it really added some gravity.
Also, the way they animated Batman is just so brutal.
Buy these and watch them a lot.

Tomorrow, for the first time in my career, I have a professional VO booking on a Saturday.
Target is having me back for six hours to do a super secret thing happening soon.
More info if I'm allowed, although I'll probably just link to it when it's revealed.
If it's an extension of the character I did for them earlier (when I talked about bacon), this is going to be very fun stuff.

And, two weeks ago, I filmed a scene from the upcoming Joel Silver horror film, Home Invasion,, coming later this year.
Hopefully, HOPEFULLY the scene will be posted on the producer's site (www.MichaelFioreFilms.com).
It was an exceptional experience.
I was encouraged to unleash a darkness that doesn't often get its time on the outside.
It was freeing.
More on that if there is more.

Next, I am SO happy to announce that I am ONE recording session away from the completion of the first wave of my very own podcast, digressive_obscenity.
The first five are edited and, once this last one is recorded on Sunday, I merely need to start posting.
A lot more on that coming very soon.
Be sure to check the official digressive_obscenity tumblr at www.guido-paparazzi.tumblr.com*** and follow the podcast on Twitter at @digress_obscene****.

Finally, there is a secret thing I'm working on with writer, friend and hierophant, Philip Tucker that I can't tell you about...I don't think...
Actually, it might not be secret at all, but how about I just don't mention it in case it falls through or some shit?
Cool.
Thanks.
It's going to be sexy.
That's a promise.

Oh, and while I have slowly begun to accept that my persona feelings have absolutely no bearing on whether or not I've booked the gig, I did have a truly excellent audition today at House for something called "Secret Designer".
Now, I'm not sure if that's the name of the product or if the designer in conncetion with the product is merely being kept a secret.
Whatever the case, the copy was a free verse poem and I was instructed to read it like a beat poet who is sexy and mysterious.
Guys.
Guys.
I am a beat poet who is both sexy and mysterious.
So, even though I did not book this job, I had a great time doing it and turning all the ladies within earshot into jelly in the palm of my...mouth.
Ugh.
That's awful.

HAPPY MLK DAY EVERYONE!!!!!!!




* Of My Jeans

** Like the way a straight razor is frail.

*** Fat chance.

**** Even fatter chance.

No comments: