9.30.2010

*Retard Happy Noise*

9.30.10
7:48 pm
Not a good retard happy noise.
Some chowder head at my job has this horrible forced look-at-how-jovial-I-am-looklooklook!!!! laugh he always follows up with this "that laugh just now didn't express how funny I thought that last comment was!!!!" noise that is basically a long drawn out "e".
Not like a tittering Japanese schoolgirl, just like a "man, we are just having the best time ever" noise.
I used to get annoyed every time he did it, but then I thought, what if he really is retarded?
So, I'm no longer annoyed with him, I just think he is mentally retarded.
Next: The Social Network soundtrack dropped Tuesday and I've been listening to it.
Yes I have.
Pretty much what I had expected based on that five track free sampler thing they released: it sounds a bit like stuff from the Ghosts record with more or less of one element or other.
Very solid for a film score, but it furthers enflames my curiosity: how the hell are they going to make such a dynamic and moody score work with the goddamn story of Facebook?!
Guess I'll find out this weekend, possibly with Kaitlyn, possibly with Ray, possibly with both or possibly alone.
Whatever.
Some stand out tracks include "Intriguing Possibilities", which has a great, triumphant chord progression and wonderful energy, "The Gentle Hum of Anxiety", an uneasy, emotive piece which causes the skin to crawl, perhaps because elements are slightly reminiscent of some Silent Hill sound work, and "In Motion", which makes one want to dance in the future.
There's also a version of "In The Hall of the Mountain King", which, despite being done by Nine Inch Nails, still feels whimsical and mischievous, but darkly so.
This Mountain King has a Korg in his Hall!!!!
Get it!?
WOO!
Weird side note regarding a few of the tracks: because of the "8-bit" instrumentation, some of the tracks sound like they're taken from the score to The Warriors.
I've also been demolishing Dead Rising 2.
Interesting and frustrating in the most Japanese of ways.
The game starts with a countdown of 72 hours (game time, not real time, I'd say three seconds equals a minute on the clock so...plus cut scenes and that...you have about 5 hours, give or take).
At the end of that time, the game ends; the military arrives and does their thing (whatever that may be, I'm hoping for a rescue and not a fire bombing) no matter where you are of what you're doing.
You have to manage your time in this game like none other I've ever played.
I won't bore you with the details, but the game has a lot of limitations so you can't really enjoy all the aspects of it.
You can duct tape a machete to the handle of a push broom and fucking raze hoards of zombies with it though, so, I'm happy.
Just last night, I ran over about a hundred zombies with a golf cart while tooting "Shave and A Haircut" on the horn.
It was...liberating.
I'm thinking that, by the time I'm ready to put down Dead Rising 2, The Walking Dead should be on.
That, friends and debutants, is what I call...SYNCHRONICITY!!!!!
TASTE IT.
Finally, I have been watching Rome (the show, not the country).
It's...dramatic.
This weekend, aside from doing Social Network, Chris and I will begin the decoration process.
Prepare to be blown away.
You know what?
Fuck that.
You CAN'T be prepared for what we're doing.
So.
Prepare, instead, to shit your pants...but in your brain.
That's right.
Brain Shit.
Ready yourselves.
See you in a month, muthafucka.*
* Spoken as Panthro

No comments: