7.26.2006

Radio's cold

7.26.06
3:44 PM
There’s a new Beck song out called “Cell Phone’s Dead”. It’s from the new album coming out in September. This is the album Beck purportedly wrote to go between Sea Change and Guero. The song (in its arrangement) reminds me somewhat of “Hell Yes”, but a bit more complex. Very ass shakin’. The lyrics are excellent. The video has been shot and will be released soon. Michel Gondry directed it.
Also, yesterday the guy on the phone at place I have recently been ordering food from referred to me as a gentleman and then they referred to me as Superman. Yeah. They asked my name like they normally do and I said Paul and then he said: Paul? Yeah yeah, the gentleman, Superman” or maybe it was like a formal title “The Gentleman Superman.” Then he hung up. I don’t know if this is because I tip them well or because I am very tall…like Superman, but either way, it made my fucking week.

No comments: