2.24.2006

2.25.06
11:26 AM
Working the 11am to 7pm today in order to start my weekend earlier. On my quick walk from my door to the shadow of the Hospital, I noticed the sun was lighting things in a different way. I thought that was nice. I have been noticing the sun and its interaction with things recently. I like it.
I had a dream last night in which Christina and I were taking a Philosophy class taught by John Linnell. Christina was sleeping during his lecture and he sneered at her. He and I talked after the class and he wasn’t scared of me at all. That’s how I knew it was a dream.
I awoke at 9:10 having to pee and since my alarm was at 10:30, I went back to bed. I started another dream but it was interrupted by my alarm. I use “alarm” simply to indicate “something that wakes me up”. I enjoy being able to have whatever music I want wake me up.
On the periphery of my hearing, I’m picking up a typical tale of male aggression that probably goes back to the Stone Age. Some Housekeeping guy is bragging about how some other Housekeeping guy kind of “came up” on him and “looked to start sumpin’”. The first Housekeeping guy blah blah blah. Now he just keeps going on about how he’s lucky the guy “squashed the beef” because “it just comes naturally…BOW!” I’m assuming that means that usually he would have fought the guy but because he didn’t push it, it was resolved. Jesus. You fucking retard. YOU EMPTY MY GARBAGE! I would be aggressive if the middle phase of my life focused on emptying someone’s garbage. He probably gets pugilistic in hopes that someone will kill him and end his sorrow or that he’ll be able to sue someone and live the rest of his life in money. Great. Now he’s talking about his strategy for taking me down because I’m so tall. Christ. He said he’d use a bat and work on my “technical parts”. Doth he mean my testicles? Doth he mean my engineering degree? What in the bleeding hell is this mongoloid talking about?! I’m floating in a sea of massive neurological dysfunction. I wonder if my immersion in this environment will affect me through osmosis or something. When I went from comics to Harry Potter to the Count of Monte Cristo it was evident that something was wrong. Was it indeed Harry Potter or has this atmosphere been slowly killing of my thought processes and higher brain functions? I’m not challenged by my work at all so I’m not receiving any stimuli except for that which I present myself…could this place be devolving my mind? This could be serious. I need to spend my time here writing, thinking, reading things that aren’t Harry Potter…I’m glad I caught this before something irreversibly happened…

12:42 PM
Here’s something interesting…I just noticed that when someone calls me to make an outside call, I will always repeat the number and say the opposite of their pronunciation of the word/number zero/0. In other words, if someone calls up and says “four oh seven” I will repeat it as “four zero seven” and if someone calls with “three zero one” I will say “three oh one”. Is it because I am a disagreeably prick or because certain numerical phrases have a better cadence when the zero and oh are switched? Hey, why can’t it be both? Excellent.

No comments: