6.21.2005

THE POWER OF POSITRON GLIDERS

Last night I wasn’t sleeping and I put the radio on at 4am. They played ‘The Wind Cries Mary’ by Jimmy Hendrix (which I had never heard and I am totally digging -- thank you instant gratification of this Internet Age). Then they played ‘Spirit of Radio’ by Rush (also something I had never heard and that I am now digging but slightly less than the Hendrix). Lastly (as in, the last song they played before I went to bed, not the last song they played ever…this isn’t THAT kind of story) they played ‘Pretty Noose’ by Soundgarden. When I woke up this morning, I downloaded the Soundgarden albums Superunknown (1994) and Down on the Upside (1996). About a week ago I downloaded The Cure’s ‘Wish’ (1994) and a while back I downloaded Pearl Jam’s ‘Ten’ (1992 or 1993). I cannot get over how great that period was for music. So many of my favorite songs or albums are from that period. Music was so much better then. Sigh. Agg. Foot. I can’t function at this moment. My brain feels like a solid thing. No motion. No one cares, nor should they, but, hey, I have an hour left here at the Hospital, why not spend it writing very significant things such as THIS.
Nothing interesting is really happening.
I got a callback. That’s kind of interesting. Having that tomorrow.
Yeah
Mm hm
Iiiiiiinteresting
I need to have more fun.
First, I have to get well.
Yes.
Well.
I could invite Kaitlyn to watch Reno 911 with me, but she doesn’t read my journal anymore because I don’t have her listed as my friend anymore because she wouldn’t join my fan club because she hates me. Therein lies the boggle.
I need to stat work on my new short film.
Actually, speaking of which, I am going to call Ray and find out where the project is. I need attention and being in a film is a great way to get it.
Yes.

No comments: