12.03.2012

It Ain't Easy Being Awesome -OR- It's Actually Pretty Easy And Awesome Being Awesome

First, some victorious self-tooting, if I may.
Without going into too much detail: I had a VO session with a big corporation recently.
The promised rate was $1000.
After the session, the producer told some untruth to my agent regarding me, which I, rather rabidly, refuted.
Next, instead of having me back in to do some more work on the session (which they asked about in an earlier e-mail), they decided to go with another talent (which has happened to me before and doesn't really matter because this was a poorly written internal thing which no one was really going to have seen anyway and, either way, whether they use it or not, I still get paid) and then try to ask for an invoice...for $300.
Hey now wait.
There were e-mails exchanged back and forth, all of which amounted to jack shit, because the contract I received FROM said producer on the day of the session said, clearly, $1000.
Anyway, after some bullshit, this huge and very well-paid corporation found it in their gigantic and love-filled hearts to honor the original fucking contract.
Fucking assholes.
Anyway, hard won victory.
Tastes like the best lobster rolls in Maine.

On top of that, tomorrow and Wednesday I have bookings, one for MCCH...whatever that is, and then I go back in for some more Miriam Hospital stuff.
Plus, last week, San Pelligrino had me back for my third session for their new internal video thing.
It's sexy and sexy and yeah.

Over the weekend, I recorded three episodes of digressive_obscenity (with Ray Zibba Zabba, Alex "Wide Receiver" Pakla and Dawn Brooke Owens, putting me four away from my goal of ten for the first wave. While I have a few potential guests lined up, I'm always looking for more, so, let me know if you have an iPhone and an urge to get digressive with me.

Aside from creative things that I am involved with, there's a bunch of creative stuff that I am not involved with that I am enjoying.

Such as Community (after having it, literally, forced down my throat by Jen and Lisa, I have finally sat down and burned my way thought the first two and a half seasons, leaving me with only 12 or 13 more episodes before they are finished and a part of me dies...until February. On the whole, I have found real enjoyment, and, in some cases, like the paintball episodes and that parallel dimension episode, some profound joy, but, while I haven't disliked any one episode, sometimes the hype doesn't live up to the product. It is, however, immanently quotable. And season three is delightfully batshit thus far.).

I've also just embarked upon the fifth season of Mad Men and...well, things are happening there as well. I continue to love how hateable Roger is. And seeing Alison Brie as both Pete Campbell's wife and Annie Edison is...confusingly arousing or arousingly confusing.
Or both.

Just recently, Chris stumbled across what may be the darkest and most disjointed Brit-com I've ever seen. It's called Snuff Box and is (incredibly) loosely based around these two hangmen, Matt Berry and Rich Fulcher. These guys have popped up in The IT Crowd and Mighty Boosh as well as a bunch of other BBC stuff (I love how incestuous the BBC is...) and...it's pretty insane. I don't really think I can explain it...so...I'd say you should just track it down; it's streaming on Netflix.
If this helps, Christina is convinced that I've written about 80% of it.

Over the weekend, Chris and I also took in Pirate Radio (which, while nothing more than a blow job for all of rock and roll- not that there is a thing wrong with that, rock and roll is pretty awesome- had an amazing cast and some of the best deleted scenes I've seen since Wet Hot American Summer. Sadly, it also had a lot of montages the content of which covered "people listening to the radio while happy", "people dancing while listening to the radio" and "people listening to the radio while sad". Maybe if they had cut out some of these montages, they could have fit some of the forty minutes of deleted scenes back into the film.) and Perfume: The Story of a Murderer (which is based on a book that Marilyn Manson has been fellating since the early 90's. It stars Ben Whishaw (the new Q) and, after seeing this, I truly believe that he should be the next Bond villain. Wow is this dark and well shot and that makes it worse because you can clearly see all the dark and horrible shit going on on the screen. Worth a look if you have the balls and guts and stomach and other parts of human anatomy.).

Along with these, I was almost done re-reading The Langoliers, but got bored when they started refueling the jet, and put it down in favor of re-reading some of the Ian Fleming Bond books, namely Live and Let Die. I've also ordered the first of the Young Bond series from the early 00's as Alan has been going on about them favorablyy for quite a while.

I also have the urge to read more Iron Man...so that may happen as well...if you're lucky.

Shockingly, I haven't been doing much gaming as I'm still waiting for that Resident Evil 6 update that allows Jen and I to finally finish the fucking game. I AM SUCH A GOOD AND PATIENT FRIEND AS I COULD HAVE FINISHED THIS ON MY OWN MONTHS AGO!!!!! I have five brand new, unopened video games (The Amazing Spider-Man, Silent Hill: Downpour, Shadows of the Damned and Assassin's Creed 3 with Lollipop Chainsaw on the way) and all I want to do is finish RE6.
WHY IS LIFE SO UNFAIR?!

I don't know why these things keep happening to me.

But, aside from all this horrible stuff, the plans for my wedding to my One and Only are running smoothly now that the election is over. She's got her dress and, hopefully, this weekend will result in our caterers being booked...hopefully. I am finding that the money-grubbing, love-raping, cold, gray, stone-faced wedding industry is not making me love Christina any less, so I guess that's something.

No comments: