9.20.2012

This Radio...It's Bookend Tiger

Confession: I have no clue what the title of the Bookend Tiger Radio podcast means.
Is it an anagram?*
Is it a radio made of bookends that look like tigers?
Is it merely an arrangement of words that sound pleasing together, like "cellar door"**?
I...do...not...know.
What I do know, is that, at around 1:30 this morning, my phone rang and I was then connected with one Mr. Dan "The Blade" Delgado and one Mr. Andy "Hot Snakes" Overton, the Mad Scientists behind Bookend Tiger Radio.
For the next hour and a half or so, we spoke.
We spoke of many things.
Many NSFW things.
Many completely fucking NSFW, are you out of your mind?? things.
The topics touched upon included: The Human Centipede 2 (I had nothing to do with it, even though I am more than familiar with the series, the 2:14 Downtown L.A. to Long Beach AIDS Bus, intentionally getting AIDS, intentionally getting AIDS from Magic Johnson, Mitt Romney in black face, the depth of my voice in correlation with the size of my penis, corporate handjobs and, oh does it really matter?
It's dark.
Dark dark dark.
And fun.
Fun and dark.
Or at least the three of us thought so.
It was a blast and an honor and I'd love to do it again if I haven't lost them too many listeners (although they're  clocking in at about 2.5 billion downloads per episode).
Not sure when it'll be up, but, hey, I'll probably mention it once or twice in a couple places, you know?

Then, it was sleep, although not nearly enough, because, this evening I am meeting Jade and Allister for dinner downtown and therefore had to rise at 9:30 (remember, 9:30 am to me is like 3:30 am to you) in order to become ready for work.
I probably should have called in sleepy and just taken the day, but, well, I dumb.

And so, here I sit, sleepy and cranky; my normally expansive patience for and tolerance of morons is already dwindling, my iPad is at home, getting iOS 6-ed (can't wait to ask Siri my litany of stupid questions) and some third bad thing...oh yeah, the stupid, fat, loud mouthquake of a shitbox I hate is working three feet from me.
Yes, you, you blatting, nosy, swollen carbuncle.
You reek of regret and ignorance.
And yo' mama so fat that no one wants to look at or talk to you.
That one.

Hm.
It seems that, while typing this, I received a message from the good folks at TransPerfect. They'd like me to remotely supervise a recording tomorrow afternoon. Which means they put me on speakerphone while someone else records a voice over session and I correct them if they fuck something up, grammatically.
And then they pay me.
While I'd never give up voice acting for listening to someone voice act, I am flattered that they recognize me as good at talking English good and the concept of this is just twinkling.
I think I'm going to be naked for this phone call.
Mmmm...naked grammar....
Let's see those gerunds.

STOP!










* I found "Breeding Took" and "Rebooted King"...so, either they are fans of Tolkien or perhaps making a veiled political statement?
** Yes, I saw that in Donnie Darko and, no, I don't know what they were talking about.

No comments: