2.07.2011

So Much Party As To Make The Sky Bleed

2.7.11
3:48 pm
Oh goodness do those Chinese know how to party.
On Saturday, despite the assy weather, Chris and I wandered over to Jen and Jim's Chinese New Year party.
We stuffed our faces with some amazing homemade Chinese food, dumplings and lo mien and rice and pea shoots and pork and everything you get from a store but REAL and HOMEMADE!!!
Then, after a few moments of that, they were just starting a game of Apples to Apples and Chris and I were the only two who'd played it before, so we ended up introducing it to a group of TOTAL strangers and came in a close second, one point away from winning.
It was interesting, trying to learn things about the other players by their choices and judging styles.
From what I remember, our winners were:
Principled - Batman (utterly. The man WILL NOT kill, not even the Joker and he will not use guns, unless you're Darkseid)
Eternal - Eleanor Roosevelt (she NEVER loses, a true Trump Card)
Sweet - Sailors (as in "Thweet...Thaliorth!!!")
Innocent - Fuzz (because...yeah...)
Some losers (which should tell you just how much we weren't playing with the people we usually play with):

Touchy Feely - James Bond (get it? because he fucks a lot)
Chewy - A Morgue ('nuff said)
I forget the rest.
Anyway, after Apples to Apples, people sort of split up and talked among themselves.
I ended up talking to a girl named Joann for about 45 minutes about books and movies and music and all the stuff I normally geek out about.
She mentioned an author named John Bellairs who sounded interesting.
Phil, any info of this guy?
After I'd flitted away from her, social butterfly that I am, I spoke to a girl named Megan and a guy named Treb (opposite of Bass) about how even though Cake hates their fans, they are worth listening to (I happened to be wearing my Cake shirt). I also told them about my adventures with TMBG and it turned out they were kindred spirits, at least with TMBG.
THEN I sat down and talked to ANOTHER girl (Seri, who was just as adorable as her name) about music, mainly Cake again but also about Weezer and how their irony might not be sincere and how it's actually quite a chore to enjoy their music.
Then some weirdness happened when this girl Anna, who I was talking to about Clue and alternate dimensions, turned out to be into the production end of voice over stuff and she's going to (hopefully) get me involved in some of her work which involves sending me scripts and recording them at home...perhaps on some awesome-ass home recording equipment?
After that, a lot of people left...and I was sort of assaulted by a drunk chick.
She made Kaitlyn look like a baby kitten.
Soon after, Drunky McAngrychick left and Chris, Jim, Jen and I talked for an additional three hours until five in the fucking morning.
It...was...EPIC.
Chris and I left with three days worth of amazing food and Jim lent me the hardest, most hey-you-like-video-games-well-FUCK-YOU-YOU-GAMER-SCUM-SUCK-SHIT-AND-DIE-BITCH-GET-A-JOB-AND-CUT-YOUR-HAIR game I've ever had the misfortune to play.
I gave it an hour of my life then calmly removed it from my PS3.
I understand when I'm not wanted somewhere.
Then Chris and I watched Piranha 2D.
It went too far at points (and that was hilarious) and not far enough at other points (which made me wonder why they started down that path in the first place).
Movie like that have to be at 1000% the whole time or it doesn't work.
I'm looking forward to Machete because I've heard that THAT is 1000% the whole way through.
Afterwards, Chris and I played a lot of Little Big Planet 2, which makes one feel better about the world.
Did not even have a chance to put in Dead Space 2 this weekend.
It will be there...it will wait...
A huge weekend, thoroughly enjoyable.
Jim and Jen are fast becoming good friends and Chris and I both look forward to spending more time with them.
Those muthafuckas KNOW how to party.
After all that I watched more West Wing.
Did you know that the President's daughter, Zoe, is Peggy Olsen (with better teeth) from Mad Men?
Weird...like time travel weird...
Anyway.
Yes.

No comments: