2.04.2011

I love the fishes...because they're so delishes

2.4.11
3:51 pm
Finally got all the components of my Birthday Bonanza up and running last night.
Wow.
The audio is incredible and the program is baffling.
I'll figure this out eventually...
Now I am on a quest to get some cool instruments, maybe some pedals, switches and other things I don't understand.
I found a way to connect and hear my keyboard through the Mbox, but not record it...
That is a problem which, I'm sure, can be solved by flipping a switch I can't find.
It turns out that you don't record your voice by clicking "Record", no.
You click "Record", then "Play" THEN you're recording.
Now that just seems...I don't know...extraneous, yeah?
Whatever.
If it's good enough for Reznor, it's good enough for me.
The Fragile, here I come.
While I've been watching The West Wing, I decided to check out an episode of Studio 60, the most recent Sorkin TV venture.
I can clearly see the Sorkin writing, but Amanda Peet?
Who made that choice?
I mean, she's delivering these clever Sorkin zingers and batting around the solid Sorkin dialogue, but...it's like she's speaking a foreign language, like none of this wit is at home in her mouth.
I only watched the first episode and I might go further, but I really don't see the need, especially since everyone spoke so poorly of it.
I finished One By One a few days ago and spoke about it with Phil.
He is planning on going back and revising/editing some parts, which is good as I think it has potential.
I went from his book to Perdido Street Station.
Man is this a fully realized world.
This China guy (aside from looking like a power top bouncer at a gay bar) can write!
I'm only a bit into the book, but it's just spellbinding.
Very much looking forward to diving deeper.
This is going to be a full weekend, Saturday I'm recording with Ray for a book trailer and then partying with Jen and Jim for the Chinese New Year; and Sunday, well, Sunday is going to be me and Christina playing Little Big Planet 2 until we die.
And maybe eating some more arroz con pollo, which, sadly, didn't turn out as perfect as in New Mexico, most likely because we used white rice instead of yellow rice.
Live and learn.
It is still good though.
All right.
Off with you.

No comments: