2.24.2011

I've got (a) styl(ophone).

2.24.11
4:42 pm
Motherfucker YES!
And not only that, but since it has a headphone jack (why someone would want to listen to a Stylophone on headphones is beyond me, maybe the right combination of drugs makes you only want to hear Stylophone...?) I was able to plug it into my ProTools earlier today!!!
Stylophone + massive reverb = PSYCHEDELIC FREAK OUT!!!
I am way too excited about this...
Also on their way are a professional tambourine (none of that fake-ass tambourine shit for me, I'm a taxpayer), an egg shaker (like a maraca for people who aren't assholes) , a piano horn (it's a piano, it's a horn, what) and a toy accordion (because a real accordion is like three hundred dollars and probably really hard to play well).
I don't actually have a composition in mind for all this stuff, but it's always better to have a Stylophone/professional tambourine/piano horn/egg shaker/toy accordion and not need one than to need an etc etc etc and not have one.
A carpenter does need a reason to buy a new hammer.
Everything but the Stylophone was ordered off Amazon, BUT the Stylophone was ordered from thinkgeek.com.
Thinkgeek.com is fucking awesome.
They have a plethora of products laced with caffeine (cocoa, jerky, soap) and bacon (salt, mayonnaise, lip balm), a bunch of Star Wars/Trek/comic merch, a category simply called "Science!" and much, much, much more.
There's a t-shirt that says "Schrödinger's cat is dead" on the front and "Schrödinger's cat is not dead" on the back.
It's a t-shirt...riffing...on quantum physics...that you can buy...and wear.
Go then, there are other gems than these...
With all this influx of musical stuff, I do feel a song comin' on...I'm just not sure what it is or how it will sound.
It's coming though...count on it.
I honestly believe that the lack of Stylophone was the only thing holding George Washington Diarrhea back.
Now that I've got one...sky's the limit.
Sky's the limit.

No comments: