6.16.2009

You SAY he's just a friend...


6.16.09
9:57 pm
But I digress.
I was a Cinematic Sailor this weekend! 
Yes I was! 
I saw Drag Me To Hell on Saturday with Sunny D which makes me more angry and more sad about Sam Raimi's continued involvement with  those horrible, horrible Spiderman movies.  He's wasting his talent.  Afterwards D and I hung out for like 8 hours!!
The words "barely" and "tolerable" swim to mind...
I kid.
Badly.
She taught me about Punk.
I like SoCal Punk.
Also, I think I missed the magic of Army of Darkness.
Total bummer.
Sunday was Lauren and I celebrating our tradition of seeing Night At The Museum and its sequels together.  So we went to some outdoor mall in Queens and saw it.  There was a moment when Tom Lennon and Ben Garant (The State, Reno 911!, Viva Variety etc) showed up cameo style.  I was puzzled.  Turns out, those fuckers wrote BOTH N@TM movies.  Cha-ching!  Honestly, not bad movies.  I have to say the Onion (whose opinion I usually accept without much question) gave it a bum deal.  They said the plot was convoluted.  I say they weren't paying very close attention if they were seriously led astray during this movie.  The children in the audience were with it the whole time; stop texting your friends about how big Ben Stiller's ears are the movie is while you're in the theater and maybe you won't get confused, dumbass. After that, she and I enjoyed some Japanese food prepared and named after a man called simply...Shiro.
Shiro...you are an honorable and tasty man.
Then we had dessert at this nearby fondue place.
For $10, I ate more than my heads' weight in dark and milk chocolate and got a tummy ache.
A $10 tummy ache.
It was worth it.
It was good to catch up with Lawn since I hadn't really seen her for a bit.
Then I went home to find Christina sleeping.
So I let her sleep.
Today I set out to purchase the Ghostbusters video game only to find it sold out at both Best Buy AND GameStop.
Good for the game's sales, bad for me.
I will try to hunt one down tomorrow.
Not sure what is happening this weekend.
Both Lauren AND Danielle have expressed interest in seeing The Hangover, but Lawn might be busy and Danielle might just have had her fill of Paul for the month of June.
I fully understand.
I may still have people over to watch the Ghostbusters movies, or I might just say y'all can take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut and watch them by myself, naked, with a jar of peanut butter and a dream.
Either way: I WIN.
Finally, I am maybe 7% still sick and I can fully function now. Good thing, because that VO is recording Friday morning.
Love the timing, folks.
Love it.
Oh, and also: Will's bachelor party is happening in my apartment some time in July.
Or August.
Or sometime before the wedding.
Whether he is here or not.
We're going to watch the Big Lebowski for five hours and...do things that never happened.
Of which there are not photos.
None.

No comments: