4.21.2009

Back off man, I'm a scientist.

4.21.09
8:17 pm
Comcast.
Comcast, Comcast, Comcast.
I will say this:
I give you points for trying SOMETHING different.
Now let's see about giving me some of your infinite marketing cheese.
Had a Comcast audi today at Hobo.
Hobo is the place I did the 56 Plavix rerecords which bought me my TV.
It's run by a guy named Howard, who happens to be the only Howard I have ever actually met and spoken to.
And he goes right up there with Philip Lovecraft and the Duck as excellent Howard's.
This Comcast thing today called for a HAL 9000 voice.
I listened to some clips last night, just to be exactly sure HAL 9000 was who I thought he was.
He was.
So, I did the first read through, and Howard says take a little more time and make it a bit less whispery.
I do so and he says I nailed it.
Actually said, "You nailed it.  What's your availability next week?"
Now, you will hear this often times in "the business" (or, if I were a rapper, "the biz-NASS") and, when you hear it, it is good to remember it is usually worth the paper it is printed on, by, I feel like I DID actually nail this bitch and to have Howard confirm my nailing just made me feel good.
Not that my good feelings or Howard's kind words mean fuckall to the High & Mighty Shit Filled Condoms at Comcast who have been hearing and rejecting my beautiful, buttered leather voice for the PAST FIVE YEARS, but,  whatever, I had a good audition today.
Elsewhere in the realm of me talking, Bill and I and some other person (named Gen, I believe) are FINALLY getting together this Saturday to record that script he's adapted, possibly for an animated thing in the works.
Bill's been in the biz-NASS for over 40 years, so...he's the nozz.
At this particular moment, I am a bit high strung because this project I've been on hold for for over two weeks is about to (or not to) come to fruition either tomorrow afternoon or Thursday morning.
Once it is in the bag, I will feel, once again, like God's Own Boner.
Until then, I remain, as always, a Jesus Queef.

Elan!

No comments: